Well, my ol' lady bought me some Larry the Cable guy tickets for Friday night. So, I had to go and watch him, and boy was he funny. He came with all new material that I have never heard before. Earlier in the week I saw the forecast and knew this weekend would be the first weekend for me to get out chasing some of them Brown Trout I have gotten so good at catching. Well, I rushed her home on Saturday with hopes of making it out, but the rain was on its way and I didn't want to get the boat soaked. Therefore, the trip was put off till Sunday. A few friends wanted to go so we piled in the bass boat around 10:30, and off we went.

Stopped at shipbuilders, which was our "honey-hole" last year, and not even a sniff! Picked up and drive down to Webster Park, and again nothing. Figured Hedges was only a few more miles, so we made the run down to there and as god as it looked nothing again! On the way back we figured we would give Shipbuilders a shot again. We tossed out 3 top lines and had the electric trolling motor pull us along at about 1.6 to 1.8 and right about the time my bait came out of the plume at the creek FISH ON! I landed a nice little Brown Trout on my new Daiwa Heartland noodle rod pulling a BPS Nitro minnow. After that fish we would have 4-5 followers to the boat, but they wouldn't touch anything. Water temp was 33-34, so we were thinking they were still a bit sluggish. If the nice weather holds up this things should explode with hungry fish, so stay tuned!

Glad to hear a report!!! Im heading to a local lake just to get a little boat ride in and maybe a few bass/ muskie. Wishin going to lk mich but gotta work still today:mad:. Getting to be that time. It rained horribly bad here all weekend too, naturally plenty warm to fish.:angry2::rtfm: Thanks for report.:)

Stopped in and said hi to my boat today The new gimble is in she is ready to go as soon as I get her out. Said hi to Mikes boat as well in passing. It is however freezing cold and the snow is currently falling so I won't rush Brett to break out my boat just yet but could be soon. One the ice clears the launchs it will be hard to leave her in the barn.