It's Fix it Time

Priority1

The Priority1 doesn't need much this year, but she does need a few things, and she will get a good going over. A few things that are on my TO DO LIST are, 1: shift shaft seal, 2: change out drive fluid, 3: Lube, 4: Check Engine plugs etc, 5: Repair Electric Trailer winch (needs brushes), 6: Check and possibly replace four trailer wheel bearings Grease, 7: Adjust trailer brakes and check fluid. 8: Check boat and trailer lights. Adjusting the trailer brakes is one of the things that so many boater overlook. Priority1 will also get about a half hr run, with ear muffs, before she gets to the launch. Doing some of these things will keep your boat running flawlessly, so you will be available to tow someone in that didn't take the time.:)

Pile on with your TO DO LIST. Some of your things may ring a bell for me or others.

I also have to change plugs in my car. They are the 100,000 mile Iridium ones.

I just ordered some parts for my tractor mower. Two new sets of blades, and a new drive belt. The blades for my 46 inch mower deck were $6.00 each 3 required. I was pleasantly surprised at the price. These were Oregon Blades for my MTD mower. They were even made in the good USA. Check this place out if you need any mower parts. Their eBay site has some things cheaper than their web site. I ordered from both their places called with a C.C.# and had the stuff in two days.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mowtownusa

http://www.mowtownusa.com/

Frank I can't do anything on my boat, it's in storage and well it's all locked up. But i have all that done at the dealership, it's a great way to keep everything under warranty too. This spring I will have her back in my driveway and I want to install a new fish finder and hopefull rig the boat for downriggers that are removable and stored in the engne compartment....So there are some small biulds Iwant to do this year.

It's funny Frank, I don't have a boat to work on this year and I'm still busy. I bought a small trailer to haul my snowmobile around for ice fishing and it needed some work. Put lights on it and changed the bearings and seals. Then I realized that the tires were rubbing, the old owner must have had some tires with a huge offset. I just got back from cutting off the drop axle, welding in a new piece, and welding the spindle back on. That moves the tires over 2.5 inches. Should give me plenty of clearance. Now I need to remount them and check the toe. After that I have a couple of modifications to make on my shanty to get it a little more fishable and then try to chase down a short on the snowmobile that causes the headlights to burn out. And in 3 weeks I am planning on going to Chicago and look at a new boat. Oh, did I mention I have to go back to work on Jan. 5:( Oh well, it's been a good 6 months.

Boltman, I know exactly what you mean. I'm retired so I need something to keep me out of trouble.:lol: There's not many weeks go by, that I'm not on or working on the Priority1. I have the time and it keeps me up on what makes her tick.

Nick, You better jump on that Old Style Special.:lol: This time of year you could swing quite a deal. How many cases of Old Style was he going to throw in?? GL with the trailer project.:)

Edited by Priority1

I have the tires mounted on the trailer. The passenger side tire looks pretty good but the drivers side needs to be adjusted. I didn't measure it yet but I can tell by eyeballing it. It's toed out and cambered out. I have Christmas parties all day tomorrow but hopefully I can get it fixed on sunday. I was going to go look at the boat a couple of weeks ago but the guy had to work. I told him we'd come down after the first.

My list is endless but that is my nature I want it all and to me fishing is a addictive obsession. Manditory is Gimble bearing and transom reseal this will be done before the boat comes out of storage. Next on list is reline a couple rods and recheck all my setups. Then I plan on swapping over to HYD steering I have most of the stuff already so this will most likely get done as well. The rest of the lists will depend on my budget I want a Radar arch with rod holders then a Radar system to put on it and a Auto Pilot. I would also like to remove the bottom paint and restore the gel coat as to me it looks like crap and the boat sits on a trailer anyhow so is unneeded. Other than the gimble bearing the boat was fully serviced before storage so no other work needed. Maybe a few more rods and reels and a couple more lights in the business end. Would like a free fall windlass some day but seldom anchor so more of a luxury item then anything else. Ok that adds up to close to what I paid for the boat like I said is just my addiction.