Cazniks Lake Michigan Fishing Report

Friday May 26th- 3:00pm-9:30pm

Port: Port Sheldon

Fish: 2 Kings and 1 Coho

Lures: White fish catcher with yellow tape and green fly, Blue bubble spindoctor and Bluue bubble fly, and Dble. orange crush.

FOW: 100-192

Speed: 2.8-3.0

Downriggers: 55' down on a Dble orange crush free slider.

Dipsies: 150' back and 170' back.

On Friday night I took my neighbor for his very first fishing trip in a boat. You see he is very scared of the water for some reson. Well after 10 years since I have known him and tried to take him out fishing with me, he decided he wanted to go. Well I told him that I would take him with me only if it wasn't ruff, and looking at the wave report it told me that it was going to be 1' or less. When we happen to get at the launch the DNR officer told us that is was pretty foggy out there and was pretty choppy. I told my buddy that we probly should not go tonight and try Saturday morning. He told me that he wanted to go anyways and he had his sea sick meds with him. So I told him ok lets give it a try. While we was heading out of the liittle inland lake to get to Lake Michigan, he started to drink beer.(His sea sick Meds.) I then told him that he would probly get sick if he kept on drinking that out there. Well after fishing for 6hrs and him having to many beers he was fine after all and really having a good time. So looks like to get my neighbor to go with me I have to buy beer for him so he will be fine out there. Well fishing Friday night was not to hot for us at all. Being it was 2-4' waves out there and him being a rookie it was to hard for me to get fish for him. I think he got me sick because of his circle he kept doing driving the boat while I was setting lines. My neighbors first time that he went on Lake Michigan fishing with me, he went 3-8 on the fish. (2 Kings and 1 Coho)

Saturday May 27th- 5:00am-9:00am

Port: Port Sheldon

Fish: 6 Kings and 1 Lake Trout

Lures: White fish catcher with yellow tape and green fly, Small Dreamweaver lemon ice, small Silver Streak yellow tail,and small Dreamweaver coyote.

FOW: 170-230

Speed: 2.8-3.0

Downriggers: 55' down on a small coyote spoon got the laker.

Dipsies: 150' back

Full Core: Took two kings on the yellow tail and the lemon ice spoons.

Saturday morning was much better for my neighbor and I to go out fishing. Waves was calm and the fishing was great. This time my buddy went 7 for 7 and didn't loose a fish. It was alot of fun watching my old buddy catch fish on Lake Michigan for his first time. Now he is hooked on fishing out there and allready asking me when he can go again.

Rich

All it takes is one successful trip and they are hooked for life. Great job Rich! So when is he getting a boat :D

He will never get a boat he said. It was kinda funny because I had to tie two ropes on both sides of my boat so he could hang on to them. He just didn't want to fall out. I should of took a picture of him with his life vest on and his floaties on his arms. Yes he had floaties on his arms. I made him take them off at the docks so nobody make fun of him at the launch. :D

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Rich

Nice job Rich. Where are the pics? LOL. Looks like the fishing was a little better further north, I went out with Wayne(Midway) and Steve Arend out St Joe and the fish were really scattered.

I been pretty lazy on taking the camera with me on fishing trips latley. But allways take it on tournaments. I have to get off my butt and start taking pictures. Never know there might be something on shore with a G string on.

Rich