Muskegon 8/27 pm

1mainiac

Out for a bit with my brother and his family left dock at 7pm ran out to 140 north outside first set of nets. Set SWR 2 color down 120 on starboard and similar setup 105 dn on port moonshine hi NRG on one J plug on other. Set a J Plug dn 80 on other rigger and a Nitro Nalpalm 70 dn on other rigger put dipsey out 140 and second dipsey out 160 and ran a dbl orange crush on 5 color and a Nitro circus on 5 color those each caught steelhead the only fish that made the box. not one hit on riggers unless you count my brother dragging a king into both of my port rigger lines. Dipseys ended 0 for 5 3 broken snubbers one walker diver came apart at back of diver never had one fail before it yanked the the swivel off the back end of the diver. Not very impressed I have had 5 L J snubbers fail this year I won't run another one this year.

Tight Lines

Jim

Oh yea should mention my probe is still dead but was told in 130ft temp was 46 deg 65 dn. Other than spending most of my night rerigging and repairing divers was a good night. Dipseys were taking hits all night just could not keep them from breaking lot of big fish out there.

Tight Lines

Jim

I have been using the Opti stealth snubbers and have had no problems. One thing that is bad about the L-J snubbers is that there is a shock cord in the middle that stops it after it stretches a certain distance. I really like the Opti's.

One thing that is bad about the L-J snubbers is that there is a shock cord in the middle that stops it after it stretches a certain distance.

The shock cord will prevent you from loosing your gear in the snubber breaks. I broke a snubber earlier this year, and did not loose anything.