Henderson Harbor 8/5/07

Well I had the good fortune of being able to take out 3 guys from Fort Drum: Chris, Banana Man Matt, and Johnny. I have been wanting to get these guys out now for a couple of weeks, but the schedule never seemed to work. We hit the Wall off the Light house to find it pretty much desolate. I marked a few fish, but nothing wanted to play except a small skippy that came on the Savant Jake Froggy with the twinkie rig. It was getting late in the morning, I had just come off working all night, so I decided to head off the finger and throw down a lake trout rig. Well, we hit a nice of pod of fish and I pretty much dropped it on the fishes head. No sooner had the ball hit the bottom and the rod was on the way up, Fish On. Since Johnny is going to be heading back to Iraq in a month I said he was going to get this fish, he had already been in contact with a king that came unbuttoned. The first laker was a little one about 4 lbs. I was seeing some kings in the area, but they did not want anything to do with our offerings, except for another little skippy on the jake again. We released both those little guys for the future. I put down another laker rig and we were into another, but Banana man was up to bat, lost fish. Earlier in the day I could not figure why we could not get anything to go. I asked: Does anyone have a banana on board? Matt says " I do", well I almost threw him over the side, along with the banana. Needless to say he will never bring another banana fishing with him. He was locked into 2 differant fish, but lost them both. That will teach him to have a banana on my boat. I reset both rods, #3 fires, Chris grabs the rod, just then #2 fires, and Johnny grabs the rod. Chris proceeds to lose his fish, but Johnny stays locked up. After about 5 minutes, he brings a 15-16lb laker on board. To date that is his biggest fish, not sure if it went to the taxidermist or not. We had a few more on , but the curse of the banana stayed with us. We ended the day 4 for 9. I told johnny to get his arse back home so we could get him into a king.

I want to Thank all the Armed forces that keep our country safe and allow all of us to enjoy our freedom.

here are a couple of pics.

This is Johnny with his big pig:

100_1294.jpg

This a pic of the crew, they had a great day, wish we could have put a king or two on board, but they were happy.

100_1296.jpg

Good Luck to all, hopefully the big boys will show up again for the weekend. It won't be long now.

Rich