Launched at 5:20, came out of the pier heads looking for cold water. Did not see the temps that I was expecting. Heard there were some scams in there but we decided to forgo the goat rodeo at the pier heads and flew south. I have been having some luck between the Chalets and Cook over the past couple of weeks, so we set up in 53 foot of water with a Westerly troll. Lake was a pancake, but immediately started building out of the east. Set starboard rigger with a Monkey Shine Mag stinger at 40 and a Mixed Veggie fixed slider 9 foot above. The set out a 5 color on the same side and went to work on the other rigger. Rigger pops and we commence to dealing with an screamer. So I have 2 rods in the water and a very large king heading for the core. I have 12 pound p-line on the rigger rods so there would be no horsing on this fish. It hit the monkey shine at 40, and tore off 150 yards of line. We finally got him in 19 pound king. Largest fish of the year. So 30 minute ordeal and I have no baits in the water. Got all 9 rods in the water now and a Mag dipsy 79 back with a White fish catcher and a green fly starts screaming. Another very large fish. Then the port rigger pops with a freakin mixed veggie 55 down. 9 pound steehead in the boat, while were still battling the screamer on the dipsy. Finally get this fish in the boat. 21 pound king. WOW, never thought we would out do the 19 lb fish. All by 7:30 am. So I am think we are going to finally get some numbers of fish this year. Lake had built to about 3 footers by now. Never took another hit the rest of the day. Worked from 60-100 foot of water. I have taken a number of kings over 13 pounds this year with the 21 being the largest. But cant seem to put a program together for numbers. Last year all we could do is get 6-8 pound kings. Not complaining by any means but would like to stay busier.

Andy

I will try to get some picts on here later....

Well I just got word that one of The Local Charters slammed the Steelhead at the piers this morning. Water did turn over last night. Not so sure it will last with 90 degree temps and south winds though....Seems like Monday are Scamania days when you have to work!!!!:angry2:

Well I just got word that one of The Local Charters slammed the Steelhead at the piers this morning. Water did turn over last night. Not so sure it will last with 90 degree temps and south winds though....Seems like Monday are Skamania days when you have to work!!!!:angry2:

Did someone say SKAMANIA?????? Its that time of year.

Unfortunately I can not make it out either :(