Visiting Chicago last week of sept.

The wife has booked a trip to Chicago for my 50 th.....she wants to book a salmon charter sometime then..was wondering how the fishing is towards the end of sept?

Also any recommendations out of the downtown Chicago area for a charter?

My home waters are to Lake Ontario for the large chinnys.....my pb so far is 34 lbs.....what's the sizes of Michigans salmon compared?

Any other ideas on things to do when in town?

We got tics for the sox and Cubs.....da bears are in Seattle .......

Thanks in advance ....

Greg....aka Dinky

It really depends on the weather but late Sept could be hit or miss for bigger salmon in that part of the lake. Not too many streams for the fish to stage off of. But, still good fishing for a mixed bag of Kings, Coho, and Steelhead.

My only experience with a boat in that area (actually a little north) is Dan Keating who owns Blue Horizon Sportfishing out of Winthrop Harbor -- http://bluehorizonsportfishing.net/ If there are fish to catch Dan will know where. Fun guy to go fishing with too. Call soon to get on the calendar.

Lake Michigan fish size is generally smaller than Ontario. Kings in the 20-25# range are not unusual but over 30# is. Numbers per trip are down from past years but it isn't unusual. More of a mixed bag fishery with Kings, Coho, Steelhead/Rainbow, and Lake Trout... with some Browns thrown in.