Traverse City Steelheaders First Metting May 7, 2014, all are welcome

TCAS Members,

The meeting notice is attached. We are looking forward to the FIRST meeting of the new steelheader club. An agenda for the meeting and other supporting information will be distributed over the next few days.

Please share the meeting notice with family and friends!

RSVP (optional) if you are coming so we know how many seats to prepare. You are welcome to bring your family; your spouse is a member.

Best Regards,

Henry Nabors, TCAS Membership Coordinator

Meetings Notice:

Traverse City Area Steelheaders General Meeting

Date: May 7th, 2014

Time: 7:00 PM - Room Opens at 6:30 for meeting new members.

1965 Three Mile Rd.

Traverse City, MI 49696

Speaker: Heather Hettinger DNR - Fisheries Management Biologist - Cadillac &Traverse City

Topics:

1. Atlantic Salmon and Torch Lake and other inland lake. Review Atlantic salmon plants in Lake Huron.

2. Review Grand Traverse Bay and tributaries regarding Steelhead fishing.

3. Local Inland lakes that are great fishing opportunities – for the small boat members.

4. Northern Lake Michigan as time permits.

Heather: I have worked for the DNR since 2000- I got hired in as a seasonal employee right after high school and never left! I spent four summers as a seasonal, and after I completed my bachelor’s degree in 2004 I was hired in as a Fisheries Assistant, or Creel Clerk in St. Joseph/ Benton Harbor. After one year there I was transferred to Frankfort/Onekama, where I stayed until I became the Traverse City Fisheries Biologist in 2009. I have a bachelor’s degree in Fisheries and Wildlife Management from Lake Superior State University, and a master’s degree in Biology with a concentration in Fisheries Management from the University of Nebraska Kearney. I live in Benzie County on the Platte River with my husband and two step kids, and on any given day I can be found chasing steelhead in the Betsie or the Platte or trolling out of Frankfort!

June 4th Traverse City Area Steelheaders General Meeting: 7 pm at the Travers City Senior Center Network; 801 E Front Street; Traverse City, MI 49686 (This will be TCAS’s meeting place for the foreseeable future.)

Speaker: Dennis Eade: Executive Director, Michigan Salmon and Steelhead Fishing Association