After this long, cold winter, and some hoping the weather would work out this we...

After this long, cold winter, and some hoping the weather would work out this weekend we finally splashed Sunday at 3:30 in afternoon for a shakedown trip.

Boat shakedown went well, I have a few things to button up this week, but overall I was happy with our trip.

The fishing could've been better for us, and with all the muddy water we struggled along til 6:30 for a couple hours of fishing. Unfortunately the warmest water, 38-39 degrees, was the color of chocolate milk, and our brightest lures disappeared in the water right next to the boat. So it was no surprise that all our bites came on orange, carmel dolphin, orange crush, and an old school bright orange mauler. With water conditions like that, it was better to put the emphasis on water color, and not pay that much attention to water temperature. The most productive water for us was deeper than 10 feet of water, and water temperature 35-36 degrees. Even though we did run stick baits, we never had a touch on them. All our action was on spoons.

We'll be back out again on Saturday, and hoping for a weekend that has some nice spring weather. I can't wait!!

GLF_ProStaff.png