Muskegon 8-24 and 8-25

We got the last camping spot at Muskegon this weekend:) We brought my buddy Jason with us this time as he wanted to catch a big Tyee. We zipped down to the 11s in 65 Fow and started trolling North with a little west. We marked fish almost the whole pass. We ended up working out to 95 FOW in the 14's before we had a hook up on a 3 color Ace Hi Green Ladderback. I must not of checked the line because he broke off after towing the board a couple of times. A few minutes later the 4 color board went screaming WAY back! I handed this one off to Jason also. As he worked on that one the rigger down 60 with a Warrior Hot Glow Blueberry muffin pops. Kristina quickly lands a 7 pound coho. Jason is a 80 percent burn patient......it was a BATTLE to land his personal best King :thumb:jason22lbfirstdraft_zps199ee936.jpg His never give up attitude is very impressive. We worked back south in the 100- 105 area and picked up another coho on the 3 color ( which now had a green splatter Ace Hi on it) . Headed out Between the nets and get a screamer on a green fishcatcher/ hypmotist fly at 175 on 3 braid. I grabbed this rod and the fly leader broke before I could get him turned:( A couple minutes later a downrigger goes with some sort of glow Ace Hi 30 down 50 back. Kristina didn't want this one so Jason reeled in a high teens king.IMG_1801_zpsb2f9736e.jpg. We trolled out to about 130 caught a steely on the 5 color Ace High Blue splatter on the turn. We picked up a small king on the blueberry muffin 60 down on the way back through. Sunday the wind was blowing pretty good so we decided to troll the channel out to kill some time until we could see the waves. At the end of the there was a boat up on the rocks. Everyone else just went by them:confused: Most of the folks turned around at the pier heads anyway. We pulled our riggers and proceded to pull these guys off the rocks. Not before some guy in an 18 foot tiller boat come in between the boat on the rocks and us, about 20 feet away, in the dark, almost on plane in a no wake zone:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: IDIOT !!!! Anyway we got him off the rocks and made our way down to the weather buoy in 75 fow at 7 am and trolled North. Marking fish the whole way again we didn't take a hit until we turned to trough the waves in 82 fow. The green fishcatcher /fly goes zipping and guess who's turn it is ?krisfirst20lbsalmon_zps93fca330.jpg Kristina lands her first 20 pounder ( in 4 foot waves, troughing them:thumb: ) . A few minutes later the rigger at 60 with the Blueberry muffin goes and I landed a small king. We worked out to 95 and back in and south without another bump. Not one hit on an Ace high. All in all another great trip. Four perfect weekends in August may never happen again.