So I headed out tonight with two guys from work and my two little brothers. Left the dock around 6:30. I had checked the web cam around 2:30 in the afternoon and the lake was flat. Got out there to find 1-2s and a pretty good chop. Ran out to 80 FOW and started setting lines trolling west with the waves. Well, setting lines turned out to be a PITA, mostly because of the waves and my stupidity. Probably reeled in empty cores about 5 times because a wave would rip on the board good and long. Also, somehow I switched my dipseys around in the boat working on it this week and so I was putting the wrong one on the wrong side and couldn't figure out why it kept crossing behind the boat :mad:.

While that was going on we did end up picking up a small king on a Blue Flounder (Thanks Ken :thumb:) on the rigger 45 down in 120 FOW. My coworker Hassan reeled it in to make it his first ever fish.

We finally got turned around in 156 FOW and started to fight the waves back in heading strait east. By this time the waves were steady 3's with 4's thrown in for good measure. It was a fun ride back in to the fish (I neeeeeeed to get some trolling bags)

We finally hit 80 FOW again ans started marking fish like crazy. The waves were quite a bit calmer in shallow so we turned south to make a pass. Picked up an average king on a regular Glow Easter Egg on the 10 color.

We turned back north after a while, staying in the same depth of water and still marking fish. Finally another rod went at 10:00. After a good fight Javier was able to land a 16lb king :thumb:. Coming in the boat I would have sworn the thing was at least 20, but then again I haven't caught that many big fish. The fish came a regular Glow Wonderbread Stinger on a 7 color.

We trolled around for a while longer but no matter what I did we couldn't pick up another fish. Headed in at 10:30. By that time it was fairly calm.

img_3850.jpg

img_3851.jpg

img_3852.jpg

Hey Ben nice work on the fish. I have mixed dipsey rods before, but I went to hardware store got colored elec. tape and marked the rod holder and rod with the same color and that made it so we did not bumble lines. Also a trolling bag is the way to go, when i got the 235 last year I had to same thing, it helped with speed and stables up the boat in bumpy water.