Went out of Port Sheldon with Dv8or today. We fished from 5am till 11am. We ended up 5 for 9.

MVC-005F_865000.JPG

MVC-002F_369924.JPG

Lots of people were getting fish before day light. Not us....We did not have a way to flash the glow baits :( I think our first fish came around 6:30 or 7:00am.

All of our fish came in 80-90fow. We took two and missed one on a green easter egg on a rigger set at 50' We took two on a full core on a serial killer. :SerialKiller: We missed on on a fixed slider on a rigger set at 40'. Took one on a chrome and green spin doctor and fly, and had another rip on it and never hooked up. We had another hit on a mountain dew spin doctor and fly and never hooked up with it. The spin doctors were on wire line, set on #3, 160' back.

There was a nice breeze on the lake so it did not seem to terribly hot, even though it was a scorching 90+. :eek: Our best troll was a South troll at 2.7 on the GPS.

Since Caz hasn't submitted a report yet I will do it for him. We went 5/11, all kings. We were 3/9 by 7:30 and then picked up 2 stragglers later. Riggers were hot early with 5 of our first 9 hits, but only 1 fish. Started north of the pack(except for the 1 guy who set lines right next to us then cut in front and yelled at us) and headed north in 85 ft. Had a release on the rigger right away with no one home. While Caz was resetting the dipsey fired, Caz handed it to me and I farmed that one. Right after mine got off the other rigger fired, steelhead on the slider. That fish came all the way to the boat before getting off. Caz took a turn and landed our first fish on a dipsey with fishcatcher and fly, can't remember what colors. While Caz was fighting that fish the rigger fired again, I grabbed it and it felt like a real good fish but I never turned him before he was off. Travis lost one off a leadcore and then we had 2 more hits. Travis landed a fish off the rigger while I lost another off lead. Travis landed one and lost one before things pretty much stopped for us. I finally landed a fish off lead later in the day and Travis landed one on the slider off the rigger. Nice meeting you Travis and thanks for having me along Caz. Had a great time and I'll see everyone next week at the Dreamweaver.