Russell/Long Pond (Rochester)

Launched solo at 5:30, motored towards Russell then took RealJerks advice & went NW & set up in 150. Trolled North. Lake was like a mill pond this morning. Actually kind of muggy & hazy. Surface 67F all over. Here’s a real interesting screen about 190.

7_3_06190.jpg

No I wasn't going 0.3 mph...strange current for a flat lake.

Actually screen looked like that starting at 165FOW but temp was 61F down 90 so kept going North. Came across a major big-time Scum Line at 225 FOW running ENE. Weeds, logs, branches, plastic bags, X-mas trees, dead fish, you name it, there it was. Temp down 90 went nuts, so kept going out to 260. Lots of fish on screen to 250 FOW, mostly down around the 100 mark so turned around and headed back toward Scum Line. Maybe 100/150 Yds North side of scum line had 49F down 90 ft.

Anyways…got two Kings, Both 17’s. One in inches, the other in pounds…heh, heh, heh…

Hpim0627.jpg

All Shoulder, little gut on this beast. Hit like a freight train & ran. Had just enough time to clear both riggers before he decided to charge at the boat. (interesting scare under his pec fin)

Both came between 8-9:00 down 90 over 235 FOW trolling towards shore at 2 ¼ down speed on a doctored Blk/Wh 28 Hologram. (Love it when you catch a fish on your own taped up spoon) :)

Picked up around 10:45 when the wind came up & saw some big old dark ones in the sky. Lots of fleas on cables, lots of bugs in boat. Scum Line had moved to 235 FOW when I packed it up. Couple boats fishing the 190 FOW range. Saw another Scum Line at 70/80 range, with a bunch of diving birds off Long Pond as I buzzed in. Slowed down but didn’t mark anything.

Sailing school being held in the river. Maybe a dozen trailers at launch & no attendant. (free launch today!)

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)