Fair Haven Kings 6/27 & 6/28

I was joined by a good friend of mine for a quick evening trip on Tuesday night. We left Shawn's Marina at 7:45pm and ran straight out front and set up in 100FOW. What a difference a few days makes with the temps. Temps over the weekend were 57-58 degrees down deep. Last night we found 48 degrree water down 80 ft. Since we only had a short window of oportunity, I put down my "A" program. Sure enough, the Green Pro-troll pulling a green krinkle NK fly (aka JV Cheerleader)produced this nice late-evening King for Brendon:

47b6d809b3127cce8a2f7f2444c200000016108QaMWjRs2aU

It came off a dpisy set on a #2 with 340' of wire out.

This morning Brendon and I were joined by Brad for a morning trip. We found the same cold water out front. It seemed to warm the further out we went, although out over 300 FOW it was still in the low 50's down 80 ft.

We worked hard for what we got today, but it was all worth it when Brad hooked into his first-ever King. We weighed it at 18#.

47b6d809b3127cce8a2f70fc85b500000016108QaMWjRs2aU

The fish came on a 10 color core run off an inline planer. It was pulling my favorite spoon...the Habanero! I know you guys think I'm crazy with this spoon, but it's my go-to spoon day in and day out. Most of our marina runs it successfully. It's amazing how having confidence in a spoon allows you to just put it down and forget about it. From the radio chatter (or lack thereof) I'd say most guys had a real tough day today, although my dock mate went west of port this morning and went 2 for 4 out in 220 FOW by the silos. Mostly a spoon bite for him today.

47b6d809b3127cce8a2f7745c59700000016108QaMWjRs2aU

Again we had nice sunny skies, a flat lake, and great company.

I'll be out over the weekend and most of next week and will try to post reports from the lake as I can.

Keep at it guys, it's just gonna get better from here on out!

Bill

I do. It starter last year as an NK blank that I taped up myself. NK doesn't want to mass produce it because of the extra time they'd have to spend taping them up. Dreamweaver has a copy of it in their line this year. Their version isn't very good. R&R has made a few for me but doesn't want to mass produce it either, and it's so potent for me that I finally broke down and bought a bunch of blanks and I'm making them myself:

47b6d832b3127cce8a421e60d03100000016108QaMWjRs2aU

It's far and away my #1 producer.