Grand Haven 8/7pm and 8/8pm

Made it out for a couple of short evening trips this weekend. Late starts both nights not getting lines down until 8pm and fishing until 10pm.

Took dad out on Friday night and fished from 100-140FOW with 120FOW being the best. Finished 1-3 with a smaller king despite several tangles/broken tackle issues. Really only had our full 6 rod spread in the water for about an hour and there seemed to be a decent bite for most. First fish hit a UV Spindoctor with Last Brunch home tied fly on a dipsy out 140ft. Second was a 5lb king on a 300ft copper with mag moonshine happee meal, this fish got wrapped in the line and came in sideways the whole way causing us to have to slow the boat to a crawl to be able to pull him in which killed our spread during primetime for 30min. Last, was a nice king on a mag moonshine happee meal as a fixed slider 10ft above the ball on a rigger down 75ft., this one broke off at the back of the boat.

Saturday night took a couple river fishing buddies out for another short evening trip. One of them in particular (Matt) is bad luck for me on the big pond as I'm 0-0 onn 4 trips with him on board, so suffice it to say I only needed to get one fish on the line to have a successful trip. Managed to go 1-2 on steelhead which made his day and broke the curse :grin:. First fish was a pig of a steelhead on a blue bubble paddle and blue bubble fly down 80ft. on the rigger in 140fOW. Matt was so jacked that we actually hooked a fish that he was reeling the thing in like a bluegill, mind you he's a very accomplished river fisherman so I could tell the adrenaline had taken over. Lost this one on a jump at the back of the boat partially due to an over eager angler. We spun back around to go through the same area again and had a high slide diver out 150ft go with a green lightning ace high plug. Matt grabbed the rod again and we pulled in a 4-5lb steelhead in the dark. Called it a night after that with the curse lifted and the black and white kitty overboard.

Matt's practice shot, lost a double digit steelhead here...

11204925_10204974036811343_5464533427932645441_n.jpg

First fish to hand on the big pond

11846552_10204974036891345_4823582180750703609_n.jpg