leaders

I was thinking of upgrading the swivels on my leaders to spro or sampo's. Not too thrilled about the price. Does anyone tie their leaders with a swivel on one end and a loop on the other. It would cut down on the number of swivels needed but would one quality swivel reduce line twist enough?

I was thinking of upgrading the swivels on my leaders to spro or sampo's. Not too thrilled about the price. Does anyone tie their leaders with a swivel on one end and a loop on the other. It would cut down on the number of swivels needed but would one quality swivel reduce line twist enough?

On my sliders I use bb swivels on the lure end and lesser grade swivels on the line end.

I probably pay too much for the good swivels but they don't fail so maybe worth it. As to your question I used to just tie loops on my flies and some of my leaders however when I began losing them I had to assume that the loops were getting cut but since I never got one back I can't be sure what the exact failure was. All I know for sure was everything in front of the loop was still there. On my Steelhead gear I use loop to loop connectors all the time with now failures but when I use loops behind my flashers or other gear the failure rate is too high.

Good Luck

I used to use cheaper swivels but I had one fail. It broke right at the ball bearing. After that I switched to sampo's and haven't had any problems. I figure that after all of the money I have in gear, skimping on swivels is a waste. As far as sliders, I tried a ball bearing on the line end and a plain snap on the spoon end. I was trying to get less weight at the spoon. i had horrible line twist. Went back to dual bearings, and had no problems.