How I connect lines to my planer line

Here are a few pic's of the set up I use:

1) attach rubber band to line.

2)The inexpensive shower curtain holder, these are about $1.99 a dozen, at the Dollar Stores

3)The fancy store bought clips, I added the orange vinyl strips, so I could see them better.

Picture001Small.jpg

Picture002Small.jpg

Picture004Small.jpg

this is easy , just take your swivel that is on the slider line, opposite the spoon and run it though the loop on the rubber band and snap it to the line above the rubber band if this does not help i can take some pics to better show how

terry

Thank You Terry.

I use a swivel on the main line, and then attach that to the rubber band, and the hook my leader to that swivel.

Maybe it's over kill, but, I hate twisted lines ! lol

Here are some pics:

Picture003Small_324832.jpg

Picture010Small.jpg

Picture015Small.jpg

Picture016Small.jpg

Thanks for all the pics Bill. Terrys method sounds a bit easer.

Terry, I'm guessing the rubber band breaks and falls off then?

What happens with the slider and rubber band when the fish is on the main line? (when it gets to the rod tip)

Thanks to both of you,

Ken.

I use Albert Clippers for fixed sliders works great when fish hits slider often get doubles as it yanks main line up in front of the fish you are fighting. Nothing compares to the feeling of being in a fight and feeling that second fish hit. However when the main line gets hit stoping behind the boat to yank the slider sucks so unless I am sending them down deep I use free sliders more than any other setup. I considered the rubber band thing a few times but not sure I want to be trying to break a rubber band while fighting a fish at the back of boat and real sure I don't want any sharp objects near my line while doing it either. With the Alberta Clippers I have reeled in fish without removeing them but no matter how you run sliders there is a chance you will lose a fish because of them and a chance you will catch more fish because of them. Oh and 2 years ago I ran fixed sliders on my dipsey's with no success but did get them to run without tangling but I figured 16 lures on 8 rods ought to improve the odds. Don't remember who said it but the best way to catch more fish is to fish more often.

See you guys at Port Sheldon.

Tight Lines

I used to use Alberta Clippers a long time ago when we used to have big kings. I've had big kings shred them. When they would hit and run, they would rip the mainline throught the clipper release and drag it down to the swivel and lure at the end of the main line. The main line would cut grooves into the plastic in the clipper release. After a few of them, it would start to nick the main line. Maybe they have improved them in recent years or our smaller kings now don't do the damage as the 20+ pounders used to do. I threw all the clippers off my boat. You may want to inspect them after you hit some nice fish on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn't seen this thread before... I know I'm late, but this is my thought on rubber bands to fix a slider... they're great! That's all we use for fixed sliders. We never break the rubber bands though. If we have a fish hit the main line, we just reel up til one of us can unclip the slider. Then we just go ahead and reel the rubber band through the rod guides and onto the reel. I have never had it cause problems with taking line in or the fish pulling line out. We use small rubber bands bought at the convenience store... nothing special.