My salmon fishing boat

fishingpictures028.jpg

THIS IS MY SALMON FISHING BOAT. I HAVE A GREAT LAKES PLANERS ROCKET LAUNCHER, 3 BIG JON ELECTRIC DOWNRIGGERS AND 1 CANNON DIGI TROLL. I HAVE 4 BERTS ROD HOLDERS FOR DIPSEYS AND AN ELECTRIC BIG JON PLANER MAST MOUNTED ON THE BOW. I USE A CANNON SPEED N TEMP FOR FINDING THERMALCLINES AND HAVE A BOTTOM LINE TOURNAMENT MASTER GRAPH. I FISH COPPER, LEAD CORE, DIPSEYS (WIRE AND BRAIDED) AND MY DOWNRIGGERS DEPENDING ON HOW MANY ARE ABOARD. CAN NOT SPEAK WELL ENOUGH ABOUT THAT ROCKET LAUNCHER I BOUGHT FROM FALCON. THE BOAT IS A 1979 TIARA OVERNIGHTER 2000.

Nice looking rig! I heard someone calling for you on Saturday night or Sunday morning on the radio while I was fishing.

just an fyi....and we all do it by accident.....turn the cap lock off next time ;)

I fished Saturday morning out of Muskegon. For a 20 foot boat it fishes quit well. I really think I would like a 27 Amberjack like GLF but I have never fished on an Amberjack and the cost of gas is getting expensive with my single 305 I can only imagine twins. Might bite the bullet next year though. I was told Sunny Beach out of Whitehall was calling me on Saturday night. Fishing mornings this week in preperation for the Cabelas shoot out. New to tournaments but plan on giving it my best shot. Still short 1 person so I might have to take my son or daughter so I can run 9 rods.

The net holders carry the nets while trolling and under power great. It is a learning experience the first few times getting the net to land a fish but I have it under control now after a few fishing trips. Might change the hold down knobs to standard allen screws once I am sure of the rod holder placement. The net likes to get caught on the handles. Priority One I am looking forward to seeing some of your tricks for the Dreamweaver challange. I have been catching some nice kings and steelhead the last couple weeks.

Fortunalty I have the same boat, and am looking at buying the great lakes planers rocket launcher system, I was wondering on your vertical masts rod holders, assuming the ones you use for copper and lead, are they at a fixed angle or can you adjust that. you said you have berts rod holders as welll, how long of a track and how many rod holders do you have on the boat? very nice setup, will have to get a picture of mine on her soon.

I built some mounts so I could mount the planer mast. The side of the boat angles down 10 degrees and the side walls have a 15 degree taper. I do not have a problem building another set if you need a set. The rod holders are adjustable and can be adjusted everytime you go out. I have my Berts mounted directly not on the track system. I am changing the Berts to the Stinger rod holders. I am located in Montague Mi you can come look at it anytime you are close if you like. PM me if you would like to know more. I do know a place where the launcher can be bought for less than direct. Thanks Mike

Mike,

The rocket launcher looks great!! We need to talk about getting a few more rod holders up top though! Shoot me an email if you got some better ideas about the net holders, we are always looking for some good feedback from the field.

Probably a bit late, I see you were looking for another guy on your boat and I am always up for a Salmon "road trip" and you can come down to Erie for Walleye any time you'd like.

TopDawg,

You can order then vertical rod holders to any angle you would like. Standard is 25 degrees.

Mike

Reel Nappy