Sorry for the late report. Went up north right after getting home from fishing.

5am-10am went 6-9 just north of the pierheads. 5 kings one throw back laker. Had a triple before the sun came up only landing the wire dipsey fish. Then slowly picked away at fish. 70-90 were our best depths. We stayed shallower than 95% of the boats all day and it sounded like we did better than most. 5 out of 9 hits were before the sun came up. No real pattern except we never took a hit deeper than 42 down except the laker and all hits were on spoons. Tried meat, 8,10,11 inch flasher fly and squids. Nada

Riggers took 5 hits

wire dipsey took 2

1/2 core took 1

7 color took 1

blanks on 10 color,copper, and power pro dipseys

Fleas were the worst I have ever experienced. Even had them on the wire. Tip for those who don't know is to reel the fleas up until you cant reel anymore and repeatedly and violently slap your tip into the water. It will quickly removes most of the fleas.

Found 3 sets of nets out in 124 fow just North. They were marked extremely well.

Good job. Thanks for the report on the nets.

We set lines by 6 am in 80 fow on Friday the 4th. We got 4 for 4 with three coming on the rigger with the echip flasher. One 3-4 year old king, and one 6 pound king came on the echip and green fireball. The large king came 42 feet down in 100 fow. The smaller one was 60 feet down in 120. We also got a large laker on the echip and a green hypnotist 45 feet down in 135. The only other fish was a shaker on 5 colors with a 4 oz dive bomb in 135.

We were tied up for more than a half hour when a holiday fisherman's wife decided she could drive 60 feet across our stern. Despite my attempts to wave them off, she thought it would be ok. Of course we watched other boats bringing in fish as we worked to untangle 2 half cores from their dipsey. I was kind, but briefly attempted to educate them to the lengths of lead core.

Clyde

1/2 core took 1

Tom,

Can I assume this was the "Secret Weapon"? I took 3 on it Saturday morning.

Alex

Yessir:D But it came unbuttoned It was the last rod to go in our triple header and that stupid rookie rod holder lost the fist while we were attending to the others:rolleyes::D