marina/dealer rip-off

Just got my manifold mounting kit and paid $15.00 included six studs,nuts,washers and a manifold gasket:)the local marina here wanted $11.00 a PIECE FOR EACH STUD!!!!!!! buyer beware:angry2:I GUESS IT PAYS TO SHOP ON LINE! P.S TOOK 2 DAYS BY UPS GROUND AND THE MARINA SAID MAYBE A WEEK AND A HALF??

Just got my manifold mounting kit and paid $15.00 included six studs,nuts,washers and a manifold gasket:)the local marina here wanted $11.00 a PIECE FOR EACH STUD!!!!!!! buyer beware:angry2:I GUESS IT PAYS TO SHOP ON LINE! P.S TOOK 2 DAYS BY UPS GROUND AND THE MARINA SAID MAYBE A WEEK AND A HALF??

Witch marina was it?

Some Marinas prey on wealthy people who don't care how much it is and others go out of business eventually. I prefer the internet, all the information and parts are there you just have to spend time finding the right place. I also found NAPA carries marine parts. I got a Sierra manifold and riser gasket set the other day in NAPA and it was in the store the next day. Paid 13 bucks.

Joelsanders

That don't suprize me at all. I have a 1979 Islander with the OMC outdrive and ever time I went there for parts it was a ripoff. There are a few sites on line that are much cheaper and depending on the part, you can get it on E-Bay pretty cheap. I needed a water pump shaft and it list for about 90 bucks, got it off E-Bay for 10.00 and it was brand new. Got the shaft that splines into into it for a little over a 100 and the marina said if they could get it it would be closer to 200.

• 2 weeks later...

HUNTINFOOL43

Don't know which motor you have in the Islander but if it is a 3.0 and you are interested I have pretty much everything from the flywheel back off a 85 3.0 400 mechanical drive. The lower has a crack that needs welding but is all from a low hours boat also have a new in box set of ball gears. The stuff all needs a good home make you or any other member a darn good deal.

Oh and more on the subject I bought my boat at Halls in early March and purchased a New autopilot with a schedualed delivery date of April 20th. Well chk the calander cause I am still waiting on the autopilot Raytheon has changed the delivery date 7 or 8 times now. According to Mariner Center the only other autopilot that will work on this boat would require changing the boat to a SeaStar steering system which they want 2500 bucks to do. My point is this I told them up front I would only purchase a boat that met 3 conditions those being trailerable, have a bathroom for my wife and to have a autopilot so I can fish shorthanded. So far their only offer has been for me to continue to wait or to accept a refund for the autopilot. My point is that if I had known that the autopilot would not be released the boat would still be in their showroom I would have bought a differant boat there are plenty of good used boats out there. So if I don't get this resolved by the end of the month you may see my 26ft boat out there with "HALL'S SUCKS" in 2ft tall lettering on each side.