The marine forecast did not look good. I was going fishing today either on the big lake or on Muskegon Lake. The boys and I got to the boat at 7:00am Sharp! By the time I got the boat rigged, and ready to go, it was 7:30am. About 8:00am we made it to the pier heads. The waves were 1-2's and we motored out to 120FOW and set up.

I set up a 9 rod spread, and we headed N-NW. Around 9:00am we had our first fish. We were in 135FOW. The fish hit a wire diver on #3 with 210' of line out, a ProTroll prochip 8 Blue Bubble flasher with a Siggs Rigs Blue Mist trophy fly. This ended up being a small king.

Our next fish hit a Stinger Stingray NBK on a full core. It came unbuttoned before I got the board off. :mad:

Our last fish came on a full core with a 4oz Dive Bomb with a Stinger Stingray Killer Dolphin. I reeled it in most of the way and took the Dive Bomb off. There was still 3 colors left when I put the rod in the rod holder for Wyatt. Here is Hunter helping Wyatt reel it in. Check out the 53lb'er they caught behind the boat. :eek:

boys_197194.jpg

Other than the 2 fish we put in the boat, and 1 we lost, I caught 2 balloons. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It sure was nice to be on the water today. Good thing the marine forecast was wrong. :P