Question about stinger/pro troll flashers.

I see that stinger is selling custom pro troll flashers in some pretty sweet colors! I know Mike is on stingers pro staff so maybe he'll chime in? But really wanting to know the speed range on these? And what colors have been good for you guys? Thanks for all the help!

Everything is pretty new but the NBK has been really good so far. I have tried the Blue Killer and the Dirty Diaper without any success yet but haven't fished much yet. I run the Rapture Hypnotist behind the NBK and it has worked off the center rigger as well as the deep Slide Divers. I usually run between 1.8 and 2.2 on my Moor for speed and I run them along with spoons all of the time.

The flashers being sold by Stinger are being produced in cooperation with Proll Troll. The patterens are all created on Pro Troll Hot Chip/ or Pro Chip blades, and Stinger is supplying the paint and/or tape. The speeds listed above are all within range. I have caught fish on these from super slow lake trout speeds up to 3plus. I haven't had a chance to work with all patterns as my fishing has been a little limited so far, however the NBK and blue killer has been VERY good in the testing that I have done. Combine either one with Rapture's Hypnotist, or Last Supper and you will be good to go. I have been running these VERY deep much of the time. I have taken both lake trout and kings on these setups. The new UV blades from Pro Troll were taking fish for me earlier with Blue No See ums, but I have not been out in a couple weeks.

I see that stinger is selling custom pro troll flashers in some pretty sweet colors! I know Mike is on stingers pro staff so maybe he'll chime in? But really wanting to know the speed range on these? And what colors have been good for you guys? Thanks for all the help!

Flasher Trolling Speeds

Conventional 8 and 11 inch flashers are normally trolled between 2.0 and 2.5 miles per hour. This speed is needed to give the flasher good tail kicking action. The vibrations from the tail kick are what attracts the salmon. The new ProChip flashers with the agitator fin on the back can be trolled much slower than conventional flashers and still provide excellent tail kick. These can be trolled down to 1.0 mile per hour. At whatever speed you troll, look at your flasher action as you start to let it down. It should have a strong side to side tail kick along with a spin. The optimum salmon attraction occurs when the flasher is most erratic in its motion.

I believe those speeds are speed at the ball. I did not have a speed and temp probe last year. I pulled them between 2.5 and 3.2 on the gps last year.

Stinger came out with 12 custom painted ProTroll flashers this year. They also picked up 7 of the custom taped ones that Custom Fishing Products produced last year. The 8" are available in prochip 8(has agitator fin) or hotchip 8(does not have agitator fin). I believe the 11" flasher is only available as a hotchip model(no agitator fin). Most of the ProTroll flashers I have are the prochip 8's.

Do to supply and demand, I only have 2 of the new custom painted ones from Stinger. I got these in the Stinger Challenge lure package.

I have an assortment of the custom taped ProTroll flashers from last year, and ones that I purchased at the GR Sport RV show before they were added to the Stinger lineup. Probably my favorite is the 11" HC11795 Special Glow(Double White Pearl)(If you can find it, pick up 2 or more), flasher with a Siggs Rigs Blue Mist trophy fly. Stinger and ProTroll work together. You can also find the custom taped ones with a ProTroll label on them.

The Blue Bubble Glow, Green Bubble Glow, and Mt. Dew Glow have also been good for me. Unfortunately, I only have the two custom painted flashers(NBK and Diehard). The flasher/fly bite should really take off soon.

All of these flasher come with e-chip technology. You can read more about the echip here.

I use these flashers with Siggs Rigs flies, and they are a GREAT combination.

Mike,does Stinger have a green thunder blank(& purple thunder) in their lineup???

Yet to see one on their site/catalog or in tackle shops.

TIA;

Is the Kevorkian close to the purple thunder you are looking for?, and is the green puke close to the green thunder you are looking for?

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Kevorkian close to the purple thunder you are looking for?, and is the green puke close to the green thunder you are looking for?

I like the black edges on the purple thunder,the green thunder is a dark emerald green with black edges aswell(I doctor both of them with ladders).

TIA;

I like the black edges on the purple thunder,the green thunder is a dark emerald green with black edges aswell(I doctor both of them with ladders).

TIA;

I spoke with Rob about this. I am not sure if they will add these to their line up.

Is the PDM Purple Demon or SH269 Puss-N-Boots close enough to the purple thunder?

On another note. Their website now has all of their new colors on it.