Ashtabula June 22, 2008

Hi all,

Fished Ashtabula Sunday afternoon, ended the day with 23, biggest was 28.5". Numbers 00-01 North, 48-50 West. Jet 40's back 160 with scorpions, wires back 300 with a 3 way, one leader with a kaboom and one with scorpions. Most fish took the scorpions, and caught one double header. I ran two outside divers on 3 setting back 160- 170. Spoon colors, lami cakes, watermelon, i don't care, dr. jack, kevorkian, blueberry muffin.

Good job on the fish!

Wire's back 300, can you explain that rig? I'm with you with the 3 way rig on the end. A wire diver or just a wire long line...back 300 ft? Off a board? I run wire, copper and cores for salmon but I've never ran wire for walleyes.

Did you have a probe down there Monkeypuke??? Has a 'cline set up? I had the probe down last Saturday and I had 69 on the top and 67.7 down 35 in 40 fow. No 'cline set up, and all the fish in the top 25 feet of the column.

PA reports are telling of ALL fish in the top 25 fow of the water column, whether you are in 25 fow to 72 fow.

300 back on wire w/ Dave's is pretty deep as well as your diver rigs look pretty deep. I can't believe the difference in where the fish are in the 25 mile or so stretch between waters west of Erie, PA to the Ohio line and waters just NW of Ashtabula????

Crazy, crazy, stuff.

We have a tourney over here in PA waters on Saturday and it looks like I am going to be running and early season Lake O spread. High steelie/coho lines for that top 15 to 25 feet 'eyes off the boards, mid depth braid jets as tail gunners (high Kings and mid depth lakers) for mid depth eyes, BIG stagger in the riggers, and heck, may even run wire divers real deep, and braids just outside and above them (deep Kings and Lakers).

Better make sure I have plenty of coffee in me so I don't put a Spin Doc and Fly out on a diver rod...

LOL.