Well how did everyone do Saturday 6/21/08

Well I was planning going out fishing at Portsheldon with my neighbor and Rdfishin. I woke up at 2am and picked up my neighbor and while heading to Portsheldon we seen lightning. We pulled over and listened to the marine radio at the gas station at Allto and the radio was saying that a bad storm was heading over lake Michigan between Holland and Muskegon and winds gusting around 30 knots. Well then and there I told my neighbor that I was not going any further and I just turned the truck around and went home. So looks like no fishing again for me this weekend. Gas is just to much to take a chance to see what if at Portsheldon. Sorry Rodger for not going but I tried calling you three times and no answer. We will have to try it again another day Rodger.

Well good luck to all who gets to go tomarrow.

Rich :)

I learned one thing about you Cazz. You will NEVER knowingly put your self or anyone else in HARMS WAY. Play it safe and fish again. GOOD CALL CAZZ.

As far as how we did, the Saginaw Bay was rough but fishable. It's getting almost mechanical out there. Gitter Done.:)

Well I had problems of my own. After fighting electrical problems before heading out of the yard, we made it out to lake at 4pm. Got out to the lake to discover the new boat needs a new impeller. To make matters worse I have issues with the shifter cable and between the over heating and stalling it was a nightmare today. Looks like I'll be wrenching on the boat this week to get her out and dial it in for the next league event.

Wish me luck, I need it!!

Well I did the afternoon shake down, with the new boat. I forgot to put the plug in.:flood::smileeek: I remembered it as I was leaving the dock. No big deal, I just got out onto the swim platform and put it in. When I turned on the bilge, no water was coming out.:confused: So we had to put it back onto the trailer. Turned out that the hose blew off because it was clogged. Other than that, no problems.

Talked the wife into going out on a sunset cruise later on. It was almost flat on the lake. I decided to stop and drift, as we watched the sunset. When I went to leave, the boat wouldn't start.( I think it's the starter) Had someone tow us in while it was raining. I hadn't put the rain coats in the boat yet. Well at least she staid dry in the cuddy. Oh yea... lost my Cubs hat to the wind, when the storm kicked up.:angry2:

After just getting my boat back from the shop, it's going back in again.

Caz, I left a couple of hours later. If I had heard that warning on my marine radio I would have stayed home too. We set lines in Muskegon before six. Took a lake trout early on 10 colors in 80fow on Stinger area 51. Later we took a king 42 ft down in 110 on a wolverine double orange crush. About 10 teh finder was full of fish in 120-125. Everybody commented on it on the radio, and none of us could get a bite.

4 Trips

3 Kings

2 Steelhead

3 lakers

Well I had problems of my own. After fighting electrical problems before heading out of the yard, we made it out to lake at 4pm. Got out to the lake to discover the new boat needs a new impeller. To make matters worse I have issues with the shifter cable and between the over heating and stalling it was a nightmare today. Looks like I'll be wrenching on the boat this week to get her out and dial it in for the next league event.

Wish me luck, I need it!!

If your boat is not ready and you have a friend that has one. I will let you use your team name fishing with your friends boat.

I learned one thing about you Cazz. You will NEVER knowingly put your self or anyone else in HARMS WAY. Play it safe and fish again. GOOD CALL CAZZ.

As far as how we did, the Saginaw Bay was rough but fishable. It's getting almost mechanical out there. Gitter Done.:)

Frank,

There was one year i went out fishing with a friend and it was a nice day out. The charter boats was calling wind gust was coming very fast and i did not listen to them and allmost paid the price. I had a 16' boat and was in 150 foot of water and 6 foot waves came in as fast as 3 minutes and we had to come back in that. I will never make that mistake again. The guy that went fishing with me that day said he will never go with me anymore and I wish he would. I really learned my leason that day and i am very carefull now.

Went out Saturday morning, hitting the water around 7 AM at St. Joseph. Went south west out to around 90 feet of water and started, two of us had two downriggers out, two dipseys, a 5 core and a 10 core, using dream weavers, blue and green, various combinations of spoons and a couple of flys. Not one release, fished from the bottom up to around 30 feet down. I agree, the perch could have been more productive. Talked to a friend who was out Friday for several hours and they went out to 120 feet or so and only ended up with one laker. We stayed until the front started blowing in and headed in. Talked to one other boat and they had a king and a laker Satruday. Still a beautiful day on the lake. We are fortunate to live in Michigan!

Paul C.