Port Sheldon thur. p.m.

set lines at 6:00 pm in a 125 fow then nothing happened!!........................................ ...........................................after about a hour i decided to pull the full core and change the bait and after i got the board off i found out i had a fish on it turned out to be a 3# hoho.so i sent that green ladder back J-plug back out.

and then boredom set in.at 8:30 i started to set the sun set program and dropped moonshine lures on 7 of the 8 rods we had out.then things started to happen at a little after nine a rigger went with a lemon ice mag spoon set down at 50 ft. in 110 fow. another small coho.next one came at around 9:30 again on a rigger set to 65 in 100 fow. with the moonshine yellow tail again a small coho. last fish 9:45 pm my buddy from work was standing next to the full core when line started to peal he just looked at me(big lake rookie) i said Grab it billy!!well he struggled to get it out of the tree but finally did manage it, he jammed the rod in his hip as the drag was screaming he looked at me with the look on his face ::now what the hell do i do???:: i reached over and tightened the drag a 1/4 turn and it didn't even slow this guy down so i gave it another half twist still nothing now I'm getting concerned as the board is wayyy back there and the real can't have much left so i snatched the dipsey rod and handed to Jim and told him to crank it in i also grabbed the 7 color on the same side and cranked like a adrenaline junkie with a jack in the box!!finally things started to go our way we turned to run sideways to the fish and we started to gain ground on him. bout that time both billy and the fish were starting to tire and i finally got the board to the boat and i didn't have the heart to tell bill how much was still out there so i litt a smoke and started to put the gear away that we had pulled and when i had that done he was just getting into the 80' mono leaded so i grabbed the net it was all bill could do to lift the rod high enough for me no net the fish.turned out to be a 15# king, sadly our biggest fish of the year so far. oh the bait was a moonshine dancing anchovy.

we had a few other hits bill lost one and i lost when i had to crawl over the engine cover to grab the rigger rod while bill was goofing off with the baby king(what a Suzie)he came of after bout 15 sec. all in all not bad went 4 for six.