Walleye Express Joins GLF Staff

Capt Dan has joined the staff at GLF and will assisting with the moderator duties on the site. Dan brings many years of walleye fishing expertise to the team. Dan and the new walleye sections should go hand and hand.

Welcome aboard the team Dan!

• 2 months later...

Thank's Guys.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I just now noticed this post. It may take me a while to learn the ropes. But I won't take my job lightly nor will I take it to far to the other extreme, like some moderators on other sites have done. I've always liked sharing fishing info long before I was a Charter Captain or river guide on the Big Manistee, Pere Marquette, Saginaw and Tittabawassee Rivers. Some of you may remember my ranting's that started way back in the late 70's in the (MSSFA) Michigan Steelheaders newspaper (when it was a monthly newspaper) under my Stellie Dan handle. Or a few published articles of mine that ran in a few Michigan based magazines as well as Nick Amato's STS magazine, published in Oregon. And even though I'm basically a walleye man now, I'll chime in whenever I think I know the answers to any fishing questions. Writing, answering questions and freely sharing fishing info has always been my passions and has always came with it's own rewards. Many in our fishing ranks do not see it as that and will always see finding, sharing techniques and catching fish as some kind of a covert mission, to be shared only with their inner circle of friends. This attitude (IMV) has overall thinned our fishing ranks, mentally and economically segregated a big part of the fishing public, and reduced our voice (in numbers) that we could have when things in the fishery change to our dislike. I'd like to see and encourage by example, more people to share what they know with the others and in that way teach them that everybody benefits from it. :grin:

Got that right Dan. I have even given a few waypoints to people I thought could use the help. I figured these guys are coming a long way to try the bay so why not give them a little extra help, and hopefully it will leave a positive impression and keep bringing them back for the outstanding fishing we are experiencing on the bay. There are plenty of fish out there for all of us, in my eyes. Furthermore, I believe you can learn something from just about everybody. Take a little from everyone and it helps us all. I also try and give back, I don't have any secrets to what I use or how I use it, it's just the way I am. If it helps someone out putting fish in the box, GREAT! If not, well that's just fishing. j1musser is right on, this is hands down my favorite fishing site. Everyone is friendly, informative, and there is tons of great information on this site. Good luck Dan....

• 2 months later...