Walleye Section Suggestions

Its hard to start a site that is focused on everything. Its easier to start small and spread out. This site has mainly been focused on salmon fishing. I had an absolute BLAST fishing the LH Stinger Challenge. I am planning on redoing the walleye section. I am looking for suggestions on what to add to the sub sections, and will take all suggestions into considerations.

I will start by creating a "Walleye Catagory", and adding sub-forums to it. It will start out as a handful of sub-forums. As activity in the new sections grow, I will add to it.

What are your suggestions for the new sub-forums?

Walleye fishing has so many factors. The open water trolling is just one small part of it. Even the open water trolling can be accomplished in a variety of ways, from crawlers to cranks. Hand Lining is popular on the Detroit River. Vertical jigging and long line jigging can also be productive techniques anywhere. Like any sport you never stop learning.:)

You'll deffinetly want seperate River/Open Water sections and possibly an Ice Fishing section. This will keep some interest here when the salmon season ends. Maybe a walleye Gear/Gadgits and Accessories section. Place where people might show how, when and where they build, use, store, transport their gear when ice or open water fishing for walleyes. Or display or talk about new gear, lures, or terminal tackle. You better apply for a few more Mega Bites Mike if your goiong to use all of my ideas. :no::grin:

I started making the changes and then got to thinking, of other ways I can add all of these new sections, without the forums becoming HUGE!

What I am working on achieving is a walleye forum that is seperate from the salmon forum, both under the greatlakesfisherman.com domain name. There would be ways to click back and forth between to the two forums. I want to do it all with one vbulletin license, and only use one data base. This way no one will have to reregister.

One option is subdomains.....ie

salmon.greatlakesfisherman.com

walleye.greatlakesfisherman.com

I am not sure if I can do this and only use one database. Another option is hidden forums.

I will play around with the software on my test site to see what can and can not be done.

*GLF looks out the window and wonders what he is doing in front of the pc instead of being on the boat???? :confused:

My boat is calling me! I will work on this later today.

LOL. I didn't know that boats had their own phone service? LOL.:lol:

I like the idea of River/Open water/Icefishing under the Walleye Discussion heading.

We already have individual sections for each lake. I for one do not want too much multiplicity.

down here in the ozarks the walleye run is the same time that the sucker snagging season is. I have seen some mighty big walleye snagged and put in the cooler,and if the snaggers dont get them the fish and game dept shocks them and milks them down they say that they will bring them back but I have yet to see them do it ,they wont let you fish up in the river after 6 oclock, this year has been bad all the lakes are about twenty feet high you cant even find a ramp to put in you just back it in any where, but when I get this lund set up with these riggers I am going to go after them get the skil;let hot. I was over on table rock lake a few weeks ago all the fish were 75 to 125 deep looked like that was where the shad were, thermocline was between 45 and 50 feet . come on down and show us hill billeys how its done carl (dogfish)

• 1 month later...

I finally got around to adding to the walleye section. The fishing report parts are links to the other fishing report sections. I still need to work on a new set of buttons and touch of the skin some.

Let me know if there is something amiss or if you would like to see something else added.