Priority1 Owes Me $300+

GLF

I fished the Lake Huron Stinger Challenge on Saginaw Bay with Priority1 on Saturday. We absolutely killed the walleye, and won the Challenge! This got me thinking. Muskegon Lake is a great walleye fishery. I might as well fish for walleye when it is to rough to get on the big lake.

Today....I took a trip to D & R Sports in Kalamazoo, MI. $300 later I walk out with 2 new rods, 2 new reels, an Offshore board and tattle flag kit(they only had starboard side boards and 1 kit), some bottom bouncers, etc, etc, etc......

And the want list goes on.

I need:

I still want to pick up an additional 4-6 rods and reels. These rods will all pull double duty for spring fishing on the big lake.

4 more boards with tattle flag kits.(These things work great for light bites)

scorpian spoons

hooks

beads

spinners

swivels

etc

etc

etc

Looks like I may need to take on a second job to support my hobby. :eek:

Thanks Frank!

That's great GLF. You must have enjoyed yourself over the weekend:grin: I would save your money on the tattle flags and make it yourself. I did last year and it was super easy. A spring, some ceiling grid wire, and you're all set. Work like a champ.

LMAO!!! It never ends Mike. Those boards and flag kits are less money on our side of the Mitt. $20 for the boards and $15 for the flag kit. The Walleye can be challenging to catch, but they sure don't fight like a salmon. It was a pleasure to fish with you and your boys.:) What Jason said is true on making the flag kit. I made some also. One thing with buying them you get some upgraded releases. The black ones that come with the Offshore boards suck. You can rig flags on the church boards also. I put Offshore flags on Big Jack's Church Boards. Church also makes a flag kit. All that stuff is priced less over here, so us PO BOYS on this side can somewhat afford them.

Now I'm LMAO. I had to tell my bud Chad that it's obvious that these were walleye and not salmon. We were laughing all night long. I love to fish no matter what.....:lol:

A thought about rods and reels. I take my Salmon reels off the rigger rods, and put the smaller walleye ones on. I used to use the same reels by splicing on a couple of hundred ft of 10# mono. Of course I wouldn't fish Salmon untill Late July and August. :)

A thought about rods and reels. I take my Salmon reels off the rigger rods, and put the smaller walleye ones on. I used to use the same reels by splicing on a couple of hundred ft of 10# mono. Of course I wouldn't fish Salmon untill Late July and August. :)

That is what I was thinking. I am planning on heading to the the East side for my first ever Walleye trip. It won't be for a couple of more weeks. I may be hitting you guys up for some trick of the trade soon.

I will second that the releases on the Off Shore Boards plan out suck. It's not worth the money to pay more for the boards and then have to upgrade the releases.

Mike.

Before you second mortgage your home (and like Frank said) think over what salmon gear you own now that could be easily converted over to walleye fishing. A lot of fishing gear is hyped and marketed for specific species when it could just as well be used for all species.:grin: