4,000 Posts!!!!

GLF

This is my 4,000 post so I thought I should make it a good one. Actually, I have way over 5,500 posts! :eek: I am also the username Fishing Report. I use to post a weekly fishing report(DNR's report) from various ports until the site got enough reports being posted by members.

How/Why did I start this site? I had a few vbulletin forum websites before I started this one. One day in December of 2005, I was checking domain names for a new site. Out of the blue, I typed in greatlakesfisherman.com. It popped up as being available. Knowing that a good domain name is a key for getting a site off the ground and having a successful site, I quickly registered the domain name. If you build it, they will come....

So now I had the domain name greatlakesfisherman.com. Now what do I do with it? Do I make it a bass fishing site, or a salmon fishing site? I grew up in the 70's and 80's fishing for salmon on Lake Michigan. I got hooked on bass fishing in 1993 and chased them until 2005. My boys were very young when I registered the domain name. At the time, they were 4 and 1. I figured I would get to spend a lot more quality time with my sons as a family on the big lakes instead of on a bass boat. So, I made the decision to make it a salmon site. After a few weeks of laying it out and working with the looks, I opened the website in January of 2006.

Why visit a site if there is nothing new? Would you continue to visit a site if there is nothing new? It takes a lot of time and effort to get a site off the ground. This is why there was so many posts from me in the beginning. This site has really grown and we have a lot of "quality" active members. With everyone posting reports and other information, I am not posting near as much. I still read 99.5% of the posts that are made. There has always been, and will always be a zero tolerance for flaming.

I try to welcome every new member that posts a welcome thread in the welcome area. I also believe anyone who posts a fishing report should at least get a "good job" reply. It may not be much, but a little bit goes a long ways.

Things have been very hectic for me the last couple of weeks. The video website has taken a lot of my time. Both of the Stinger Challenges have been fished, and I got most of my work done on GLF. I put GLF back in the water today. I will finish the work this Saturday.

Check out my new decal! :D

glf_465501.jpg

decal.jpg

Now its time to start slamin salmon. Look for a fishing report from me this coming weekend! :ps-003:

Well, 4000 posts in two years. :eek: Must be a post junky. ;):grin:

Thanks for the history, and thanks for all the work you put into the site. This is one of the cleanest sites I have found in a long time.

Boat and decal look great too. Will be getting decals for next year if still available. You should be proud.

Thanks again.

PS: I notice you don't have your rocket launchers yet. Still nice rig.

Edited by Rayman96
added to post

PS: I notice you don't have your rocket launchers yet. Still nice rig.

The piggy bank is tapped out. :eek: It was a tough decision for the year. Buy gas for the boat for the year, or purchase a rocket launcher.

I have been to several sites over the years and this one is the best. It is obvious you put a lot of thought and work into it to make is such a sucess. I particulay like the outings like the Stinger Challange and WMFL. It has been fun having a little friendly compititon and getting to know some of the other members who are just like me. A fishing nut.:grin: Thanks again. TT