I have four Big Jon riggers on my boat and love them very much. Here are some pictures of my boat with my riggers.

DSCF2417.JPG

DSCF2430_223679.JPG

DSCF2428_228718.JPG

If you like to buy some Big Jon riggers. Give sixshooter a PM and he can probly give you the best deal. If you cannot get ahold of him. Let me know and I can try and help you out.

Rich

Threads , thanks for your input to my question and thanks to the rest of you that have offerd advice, I already have three of the four downriggers that I had planned to put on this boat"but it seems that every thing I start to do on it I run into another situation,i.e it has places for gimbel mounts but wheh I stick these downriggers in them and rock them a little the gunnel seems to give to mutch, so I said to heck with the gimbel mounts I will just mount them to the gunnels with sone reinforcing blocks under the gunnels, wrong I should have looked first. I said sompthing to my wife about getting one of those mounting rails like you have when she ask how mutch they cost and I told her I am now sleeping in the boat in the barn. thanks carl(dogfish) [email protected]

Carlton get you a nice peice of OAK 2x6 or 2x8 and bolt it across the gimble mounts then you can mount the riggers on the Oak board. It will get rid of nearly all of the play in your Gunwalls and you can remove the entire setup when not using it.

Tight Lines

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the advice Tight Line, I was out on lake north fork this past week end to try to learn how to operate and program thest digi troll 4s had them mounted on 9inch ginbel mounts ,and they seemned to be to mutch for the gunnels I had to place a piece of plywood under the mounts to keep the bolt heads from hitting the gunnel I had nightmares about what if I had the booms extended and ten lb balls what would have happened????fluistered in the ozarks Carlton