Little Bay De Noc 6/1 - 6/6

Went to little bay de noc for a week last week. Went with 8 other guys and had three boats. We fished sunday to friday and ended up with a little more than a hundred walleye between the three boats. Also caught a bunch of perch. The best day was our last day of course. My boat got our 3 man limit but had to work for it. we had to sort through 26 other walleye from 13"-14" to get our limit. We caught all the walleye drifting floaters with nightcrawlers. Most keepers were 15-19" and the biggest of the week was a 27" and 7lbs.

walleye fishing was slow one day mid week so my boat decided to targeted pike and smallies for a few hours. we caught 5-6 pike from 24"-33". we caught some nice 3 to 5 lbs smallies. And my friends dad landed a 5.5 lb large mouth.

walleye2.jpg

This is our friday morning catch and finished our limit later in the day.

Nice looking fish!:) Curious, looks like you are bleeding them out. Do you notice a significant difference in the taste by doing that? Also, do you have a livewell? I don't, and don't know if hanging them over the side with a stringer would be a good idea...

Nice job...

Nice looking fish!:) Curious, looks like you are bleeding them out. Do you notice a significant difference in the taste by doing that? Also, do you have a livewell? I don't, and don't know if hanging them over the side with a stringer would be a good idea...

Nice job...

From what i'm told it tastes better. It was my first time going up there and my friends go every year. They always bleed out the fish and we do have a live well. They tell me there is a difference in taste. we did forget to do it one time and the meat wasn't as white as the ones we bleed out. I'm sure you can do it from a stringer as long as the fish are still alive. We waited until we got back to the dock to bleed them because the DNR won't be to happy if they find you on the water with "mutilated" fish.

My friends also cut out the blood line and they said that makes a significant difference and it's easy to do. after taking the fillet off the fish you just make two small cuts above and below the blood line at the tail of the fillet and starting at the top cut of the blood line pull the top half of the fillet off then pull the blood line off the bottom of the fillet using the bottom cut. The blood line tears out easy and it also removes any pin bones that happen to be in the fillet.

Nice job...

Jason, Bleeding does work. I have a friend that takes his Salmon and bleeds them into a 5 gallon bucket before he puts them in the cooler.

If you soak the fish in milk before cooking it will also dissolve any leftover blood.