Fished this afternoon for a short while. I set my lead out on one side and copper on the other. Put the first rigger down 91 foot with a slider. Caught three fish before I could get another rigger set. All came on a Fishlander that was orange with spots and was the slider mentioned above. Before I could set it out again my reels were vibrating or humming. I would touch them and get what I thought was a static shock. I pulled them in with the last one shocking me the whole time of retrieval. The lake must have had some electricity in it. I did not see any lightning but it was quite a storm by the time I got to the dock. Never had this happen before. I think it would have been a great day if I could have fished for more than an hour. Caught these fish in 100 foot of water north of the twin dunes.

Anyone ever have this happen before? I better check the weather not just the lake forecast from now on.

Fished this afternoon for a short while. I set my lead out on one side and copper on the other. Put the first rigger down 91 foot with a slider. Caught three fish before I could get another rigger set. All came on a Fishlander that was orange with spots and was the slider mentioned above. Before I could set it out again my reels were vibrating or humming. I would touch them and get what I thought was a static shock. I pulled them in with the last one shocking me the whole time of retrieval. The lake must have had some electricity in it. I did not see any lightning but it was quite a storm by the time I got to the dock. Never had this happen before. I think it would have been a great day if I could have fished for more than an hour. Caught these fish in 100 foot of water north of the twin dunes.

Anyone ever have this happen before? I better check the weather not just the lake forecast from now on.

I have herd of it happening to others but, never to myself. Nice job on the fish Keith (I think thats right)

Ken.

That was probably caused by static electricity in the air. Fishing rods are graphite lighting rods.

I was in a bass tournament when a storm was coming in and very close. I cast my bait out and the bait dropped in the water. The line floated about 4' in the air between the bait in the water and my rod. My partner and I reeled our lines in as fast as we could and ran to shore to wait out the storm.

Definately got my attention. Couple guys at work told me they would have thrown the pole in the water as oppossed to getting shocked. It was on a Talora rod and a Convector 55 so that was out of the question. I wanted to fish tonight but looked a little too gloomy and a chance of another thunder boomer so I passed. I will give report next time I venture out. Definately if strange things start to happen like reels humming pack it up and fish another day. Mike