2008 West Michigan Fishing Leagues Event Results(Dble. event)

2008 West Michigan Fishing Results (Dble. Event)

Well the fishing league finally had there first event take place at Portsheldon Sunday June 1st. The weather was very nice and the water was very smooth. In this event we had 23 teams showed up for a great day of fishing with some very nice members from three fishing sites called Michigansportsman.com, GreatLakesFisherman.com, and a new one this year called the GreatLakes Angler.com. Out of 23 teams there was 332.4Lbs. of fish that was weighed in at the weigh in and the fish to me averaged out around 6lbs. Well in this event that took place June 1st ended up being a Dble. event because of the May event had to be cancelled due to the high winds. A Dble. event works like this if you like to know how I do it. In the Dble event each team can bring 6 fish to the weigh in to get weighed. But for the 1st event the teams had to mark up to 3 fish with a zip tie I gave them before they docked there boat. For the second event the other fish that was not marked with a zip tie got weighed in the second event and up to 3 fish only.

Well here are the results of event #1

Siggs Riggs Big Fish Event

For the Siggs Riggs event, Matt from Siggs Riggs gave each captain on Sunday one Siggs Riggs fly to try and catch the biggest fish for the year and also the biggest fish for each event. In this event there was two teams that happen to catch some fish on the Siggs Riggs fly that was given to them by Matt. The biggest fish was a king that weighed 9.4lbs. and was caught by team Nailer that happen to take first place and won 3 brand new Siggs Riggs flies.

Nice job Team Nailer :)

1st Event Results

fishsniffer.jpg

Big fish winner and also 1st place with most weight and points went to a rookie Team called the Fishsniffer with a 13.8Lb. King and 65.2 points and they won $$215.00 all together.

nailer.jpg

2nd place went to Team Nailer with 57.6 points and winning $75.00

unreel.jpg

3rd place went to another rookie Team called Unreel with 55.4 points and winning $55.00

4th place- Team Tad Pole with 53.2 points

5th place - Team Thekingfisher 50.2 points

6th place- Team Sixshooter 50 points

7th place- Team Csootsman 47.8 points

8th place- Team Dirty Dog 46.6 points (2006 Champ)

9th place- Team Umpqua 43.6 points

10th place- Team Bottoms Up 43.4 points

11th place- Team Thomas29 43 points

12th place- Team Marrble eyes 42.6 points

13th place- Team Plumkrazy 42.2 points (2007 Champ)

14th place- Team Ramble On 41.4 points

15th place- Team Catfisghhoge 41 points (2007 dreamweaver Challenge Champ)

16th place- Team Sea-mac 40.8 points

17th place- Team The8point 39.8 points

18th place- Team Caznik 39 points...:dntknw:

19th place- Team Joelsanders 38.8 points

20th place- Team Tltorice 38 points

21st place- Team Brdhntr 27.2 points

22nd place- Team Severus 25.2 points

Team Hollandpiper NO FISH

2nd Event results

Siggs Riggs Big Fish Event

In the second event there was only one team that weighed in there big fish that was caught by a Siggs Riggs fly and that was Team Caznik with a 4.0 king and was caught on a super lime glow Siggs riggs fly, using a clear fish catcher. Team caznik won three new Siggs riggs fly for catching the biggest fish on a Siggs riggs fly

siggsriggs2.jpg

Caught on a Siggs Riggs Super Lime Glow fly

siggsriggsfish1.jpg

Here was another king caught on the sam Siggs Riggs fly fishing in Team Cazniks boat

Weigh In Results

rambleon.jpg

The Big fish winner in the second event was a rookie Team called Ramble On with a 12lb. king and they also took 1st place in points, with a score of 53.6 and winning $210.00.

Very nice job guys...:good:

umpqua.jpg

Rookie Team Umpqua took 2nd place with a score of 49.6 and winning $75.00

tltorice.jpg

Team Tltorice took 3rd place with a score of 49 and winning $55.00

Tie

4th place- Team Plumkrazy 48.8 points (2007 Champ)

5th place- Team The8point 47 points

6th place- Team catfishhoge 46.4 points (2007 Dreamweaver Champ)

6th place- Team Sea-Mac 46.4 points

7th place- Team Nailer 46 points

8th place- Team Severus 45.8 points

9th place- Team Unreel 44.6 points

10th place- Team Tad Pole 44.4 points

11th place- Team Fishsniffer 43.2 points

12th place- Team Caznik 43 points

13th place- Team Dirty dog 42.2 points (2007 Champ)

14th place- Team Csootsman 40.4 points

15th place- Team Bottoms up 39.4 points

16th place- Team Hollandpiper 37 points

17th place- Team Sixshooter 26.2 points

18th place- Team Marrble eyes 25 points

19th place- Team Thomas29 24.4 points

20th place- Team Thekingfisher 24 points

21st place- Team Joelsanders 14 points

22nd place- Team Brdhntr 12.6 points

End Of The Year Big fish Cash Prize Leader ($215.00)

Team Ramble On 12lb. King

2008 Points Leaders

Fishsiffer 108.4

Nailer 103.6

Unreel 100

Tad pole 97.6

Ramble On 95

Umpqua 93.2

Plumkrazy 91

Dirty Dog 88.8

Csootsman 88.2

Catfishhoge 87.4

Seamac 87.2

Tltorice 87

The8point 86.8

Bottoms Up 82.8

Caznik 82

Sixshooter 76.2

Thekingfisher 74.2

Severus 71

Marrble eyes 67.6

Thomas29 67.4

Joelsanders 52.8

Brdhntr 39.8

Hollandpiper 37

Edited by caznik

umpqua.jpg

Team Upqua with a 9th and a 2nd place finish.

severus.jpg

Team severus with a 22nd and 8th place finish.

steve.jpg

Here is Steve the Huntingfool43 fighting a big king for his life fishing with Team Caznik. While he was fighting his fish he was BEE Booping with some of my favorite RAP music. He cannot wait to here that Rap music again.

Team Tad Pole had a pretty good day, we set lines a 5:00 am sharp in 130 fow on a nw troll and the first fish came shortly after that on the siggs rig fly on a 7 color with a blue spin doctor.

Randysfishingpics2008006.jpg

then from there we boated 2 more fish before 6:00,we worked the 130 to 180 range all morning and ended up 10 for 12 boated the last fish at 10:45 we took 5 fish on the dancing anchovy(moonshine)on a rigger set at 85 down and 2 on a blue dolphin on a full core for the life of me i can't remember what the other fish and hits came on??so all in all a pretty good day. sorry the pics aren't on the lake but i forgot the dang camera at home.

Randysfishingpics2008007.jpg

lol i didn't notice until now that the 10th fish is missing but i realized that john is holding waiting for me to take the pics.

How does it feel to lose to the young grasshoppa Rich?

I dont know who it was that said I owe Team "caz attack" 3 fish for teaching me how to fish, but I didnt do anything Rich taught me that day..... I did what Plumkrazy showed me. :grin:

I will prolly have my brother in law onboard for the next one, so you MIGHT have a chance at redemption Rich.

We had a good time out there on Sunday. Cant wait for the next one.

Nice job to those that placed!!

Started out driving home from the Tom petty concert at the Palace and arriving at the lauch at just about the right time. (talk about a long day)fished with team Ramble On for the west michigan fishing league and had a good day. finished going 7 for 17 or so. Had a hard time keeping the fish on losing a few nice ones at the back of the boat. started out early in 140 and took a fish on a j-plug before all rods were set on a 7 color. Then flounder pounder put a few in the box along with blue dolphine and lemon ice getting hit as well. Bigger fish came deep on the 450 copper and 111 down on the riggers on blue dolphin standarded size. Never made it past 170 all morning. overall had a great time at this event and look forward to the rest.

How does it feel to lose to the young grasshoppa Rich?

I dont know who it was that said I owe Team "caz attack" 3 fish for teaching me how to fish, but I didnt do anything Rich taught me that day..... I did what Plumkrazy showed me. :grin:

I will prolly have my brother in law onboard for the next one, so you MIGHT have a chance at redemption Rich.

We had a good time out there on Sunday. Cant wait for the next one.

Nice job to those that placed!!

coollogo_com_9640110.gif

coollogo_com_75337758.gif

coollogo_com_75337769.gif

July 12th