Fished just to left of river mouth in front of trailer park Sat/Sunday in 4-7'. 1 man limit easy Sat morning. 10' back of birds.

Sunday got 6 [2 guys] then moved to sailboat buoy [16'] and finished limit quickly. Threw several back including some legal ones.

Fish seem to be all over. Sure tasted good Saturday night.

purple and dark red harnesses were ticket .

I will probably head back tomorrow.

It's on fire right now. Must of caught around 100 fish in 2 trips this last week pre-fishing for and fishing Labadie. Got a few with some size too, more on Thursday than Saturday of course. Fishing way deeper than you tho Schultz, 19-24 FOW northeast of the inner plug. Same colors are hot out there tho!! I might give your spot a try this week, a heckuva lot easier on gas that's for sure.

Don't ask about the tourney, for some reason I thought my 19' aluminum with an 85 HP could run 10 miles in 45 minutes in 4-6 footers. Yeah....got back to LBM 30 minutes late:(.

Don't ask about the tourney, for some reason I thought my 19' aluminum with an 85 HP could run 10 miles in 45 minutes in 4-6 footers. Yeah....got back to LBM 30 minutes late:(.

Sounds alot like our day. Caught a ton of fish Friday pre-fishing and Saturday during the tournament. Of course bigger fish were caught on Friday. Ended up weighing 13.22 pounds. Had to make an 18.5 mile run straight into those waves. Took us and hour and a half and just barely made it. Looking back I wish we would have taken our time with the weight we had. Ended up breaking my VHF radio, my console and windshield, and had to tighten every screw on the boat. Had fun though. My back is still sore.

I talked to one of the guys that won the tourney today in Franks. He also looked a little sore 3 days after the event, as they also made the long run. He was buying lots of BIG Copper and Gold blades if that helps anyone. :grin:

We actually started on Saturday with 2 rigs with the copper/gold Baitfish blades, as they have been our best producers for.....like 2 years now, but for some reason Saturday they just didn't click. We threw down 1 purple Tommy Harris blade rig for the heckuvit a couple hours in and like 4 of our next 5 fish came on it. Needless to say we switched 2 more over and got 2 of our 3 better fish on it as well. Our other good blades were a "Spiderman"(Tommy Harris blue/red/silver(Spiderman colors)), and a chartreuse Baitfish(been good all year).

Saturday I fried my CD player somehow(shockproof my ars), broke the windshield and my aerator for the well won't work either now for some reason. It seems like for every trip out there this year I gotta do about 2 hours of repair work and spend $50-$100 to replace equipment. Last time out a battery strapdown ripped, both poles of the battery slid into a metal plate in the back and the thing literally exploded, luckily it was in a closed spot. I either gotta start taking it easier or buy a bigger boat.