Lots of Spoon fed walleyes today.

Took a short 3 1/2 hour shake down cruise in my charter boat today with 3 of my very best friends. Walleye Dreaming, Reel Fishing and Chamook. I was more concern about the working condition of all my gear then filling the box so we kept the game plane simple. Rattle Tot's 45 back with bare Stinger Scorpion spoon sliders and my new beaded Spoon Harnesses ran 20/25 with 1 1/2 once snap weights with Gulp. We fished in 16 to 19 FOW all day. The Gulp let me down today though, and I blame the water temps as it is still only in the high 50's. So we switched to real meat and was immediately rewarded with a triple on that fast. Long story short we only kept 11 fish, as all any of us wanted to take home was 2 or 3. We released probably twice as many. Another nice thing was I didn't have to attend the lines like on a regular charter, so I got lots of pictures.

IM001686.sized.jpg

IM001685.sized.jpg

IM001684.sized.jpg

IM001682.sized.jpg

IM001681.sized.jpg

IM001679.sized.jpg

IM001692_001.sized.jpg

IM001691_001.sized.jpg

IM001689_001.sized.jpg

IM001687.sized.jpg

After posting about my newer way of building Spoon Harnesses using a few beads, one of my Fishing board members got some insperation from my work and went nuts. These are things of beauty, but not sure how the walleyes will see them.

FISH_018.jpg

I tie in a good sized barrel swivel to the main line 30 inches above the Rattle Tot. I also make my slider leaders 30 inches long as well. I let the tot out to my desired length, let it start digging and then attach the slider to the line and let it find it's own way down to the swivel stop. Then attach the line too the release. The spoon runs just ahead of and above the tot and never tangles with it believe it or not. This has always gotten me a few extra fish but nothing like yesterday. I'm guessing we caught over 30 fish and 28 came on spoons and spoon harnesses.:grin:

Thanks for the compliment on the spoon harnesses ,Capt. Hav'nt gotten to try the beaded ones yet,but have used them just like in pic, minus beads and ,they work real well for me.Some real nice fish in the mix.

After posting about my newer way of building Spoon Harnesses using a few beads, one of my Fishing board members got some insperation from my work and went nuts. These are things of beauty, but not sure how the walleyes will see them.

FISH_018.jpg

hi dan my name is frank i live in upstate ny i saw your spoon-harnesses you made i would like to buy some from you if i could i'd like to try them up here on lake ontario for walleye please e-mail me if you could make me some around a dz ok .also i'am looking for some deep diving top-gun -stick baits if you know of anyone please let me know ok frank

Frank.

I hope you can forgive me but I only order the components needed to make so many each winter and when they are gone they are gone. I get a lot busier in the spring and summer months. This winter I made 230 and they are now all gone. Next winter I will make more, probably with the new addition of the beads. I've been honored by Michigan Stinger for taking me on as one of their Pro Staff members. I'm positive that we are both happy with the PR and spoon sales that this great product generates and gives both of us. It's very easy to promote, trust and use something that truly works. Many people see and build thier own spoon harnesses from the clear pictures I often post. In fact I encourage it for those who have the ability to do so. But don't forget, most of the walleye we caught in this post were on bare Stinger Scorpions we used as sliders. But the spoon harnesses are not that hard too build either and you can pick the colors that you know work best in your area. All the places that sell Michigan Stinger Scorpion Spoons are listed on their site. If you need or want help about what components to order I'll be more then happy to help you out. Otherwise, it may be around late January to mid-February next year before my next batch. :(

hey dan thank-you for the reply i'd like to know componets i need to make these .how long are the line from the stinger-spoon it's self . you also said that most of your fish came from useing a slider what type of slider are you useing and how do you rig them dan i would really like to say thank-you for your help ( also do you know of anyone out your way that has (the old type TOP-GUN -LUREs ) i'd like to buy some dan frank:(

The components are easy enough to see in the picture. Split rings to add to the front of the spoons. Beaded chain swivels attached to them at both ends. Michigan Stinger Scorpion spoons. #30 plastic coated wire to tie the harness. One Mustad #2 beak hook and I use the same trebel that comes with the spoon for the back hook. A few custom beads and sleeves to attach the back hook and the harness to the spoon. I get all the components from www.Staminainc.com The spoons you can order from many of the outlets listed on Stingers site.:D

IM001675.sized.jpg