cut- bait

iv'e BENN FISHING 25 PLUS YEARS ON LKE MICH, AND IV'E NEVER USED CUT-BAIT YOU GUYS ARE FROM MICH . AT LEAST WHERE I FISH [iN WIS.] NOBODYEVERY USES IT. SO I'M INTRESTED. TEACH ME MORE. [i'V READ ARTICLES IN GLF] BUT STILL ALITTLE C:confused: .

iv'e BENN FISHING 25 PLUS YEARS ON LKE MICH, AND IV'E NEVER USED CUT-BAIT YOU GUYS ARE FROM MICH . AT LEAST WHERE I FISH [iN WIS.] NOBODYEVERY USES IT. SO I'M INTRESTED. TEACH ME MORE. [i'V READ ARTICLES IN GLF] BUT STILL ALITTLE C:confused: .
NO FISH IS A BAD FISH:) :)

Cut bait is awesome! I like pulling it on a Fishertackle Guppy behind a cowbell rig for lakers, on a 3 fly rig behind a large to medium sized rotator or flasher, or clean on those days where real stealth is required to box large fish.

You can purchase cutbait rigs at most retail tackle stores.

we used some new cut rigs from steve in the tourney on sat and they produced 2 fish, i ran one clean and one off a dipsy

Where are the reports from the tourney?

I was one of the first if not the first to use cut bait & a flasher on the Cdn side of Lake Ontario some years ago. Since the first time I used it I don't go out on the water unless I've got at least one down & it's usually my deepest rod. As for bait holders I use Hot Spot rollerbaiters. They may not look as pretty as the Teaser heads but you don't have to tune them to get the right roll because of the rudder. Use the #3 head for the regular cut bait strips & your in business.