Muskegon 24 May - Stinger Challenge

After two long days, yesterday is kind of a blurrrr. We ended up 5 for 8....I think??????

We got a little late start.

We shut down in 100FOW, put the boat on a West troll and started setting up. Our first fish was about a 12lb king on the Freakin Veggies. This was on a rigger set at 86'.

I am not sure where my voice recorder is. :mad: From here, I do not remember what took what. :confused: What I do know is what worked and what did not work for us.

We took fish or had a hit or multiple hits on:

Blue Machine

AREA-51(NITRO)

Craigs X-mas

Orange Killer

Killer Blue Dolphin

I do remember our last fish came around 11:30am. I had just popped the rigger and let it slowly start to rise when a lake trout grabbed it. This was the Blue Machine.

Unfortunately, we could not get the flasher/fly bite to work :(

We fished from 100-220FOW. We caught fish on 3 colors of lead to 120' on a rigger.

Unfortunately, we could not get the flasher/fly bite to work :(

I had the same issue. I just couldn't get any action out of my fly so I pulled the flies and put spoons behind the flashers off the dipseys and pulled a King with the freakin veggie spoon 5 min later, should of changed earlier.

the diehard flasher fly was the best combo for us as well. 111 down on a rigger over 160-200 fow took 4 of our big fish or the tourny including 3 lakers. Also, our last king and our big fish for the tourny came on a 450' copper with the nbk setup over 190 fow. So the flasher flys was the most cosistant setup for us today. Long leads from the flasher to the fly and around 1.5mph and the ball was working for us. Ended the day 8for8 with two shakers. Thanks again for a fun and great tourny

Jack and I had a great time fishing on the GLF, with Mike and his boys. A big THANK YOU Mike, Hunter, and Wyatt. FYI, Mike fishes with his two boys about 7 and 4 years old. These two youngsters will be setting lines in a few years.:) They are fantastic kids, and just being around them was fun for us two old grandpas. Jack and I left the Tawas area @ 12:30 AM to fish this tourney. We caught a few ZZZZZZs before leaving and was at the landing a little before 5 AM. It's always good to put some faces with names and handles. I'm hoping I'll be able to get over that way soon to do it again. I'll be concentrating on the Walleyes for about 6 weeks. Thanks again GLF.