So, is more really better?

Was lying in bed this morning thinking about my new idea and strategy for running a couple of extra rods close, underneath and on the inside of my Mast type planer boards for this summers trolling season. I plan to run two #40 Jet Divers (one on each side of the boat) with either spoons or spoon harnesses, straight down next to the boat. This would give me a maximum of 12 rods out on a calm day that I could run when enough bodies covered the legal rod requirements. And that requirement may even change this year with our DNR considering letting all boats (not just salmon fishermen) use 3 rods each. I got this new rigging idea from all the fish I seem to hook up with when letting other rigs or cranks out the back, before even attaching them to the tether line of the planer board. Seems that (Boats spook fish to the side) theory doesn't apply as much on Saginaw Bay for some reason.

Then like all charter captains do with any new ideas, I started tearing it apart wondering if the extra hassle and work involved will really be worth any extra fish it might provide for my clients. And also wondering if having so many rods, rigs or cranks out, changes a fish attitude at all when seen by fish that may be in a already negative mood. So I thought this might be a good conversation topic. Does more lines out really mean more fish in the box? Can a bigger school of Plastic and Metal swimming by spark a walleye into biting more then just one or two?