Went out with a fiend of minefor his shakedown cruise Tuesday morning. After a little bit of a late start, we hit the water about 8:00.. Set up in 60 fow and headed west. Went out to 160 fow with nothing but a little shaker on a full core and a quick rip on a swr behind a board but no one home to show for it. Started hearing reports of a few fish being taken in tight so we headed back in. We took 2 small kings in 40 fow. One off the swr with a DW 4D in blue dolphin and the other on a 5 color with a Fishlander orange froggy. It was picking up for us between 11:00 and 12:00 but unfortunately, Larry and I both had to go to work. Trolling speed of 2.0 to 2.4 at the ball.

Medic,

Thanks for the report. I agree, it must have been hard to leave to go to work. There must be the makings of a blues song in your story.

Tight lines to all,

Hey Fella's...

Yeah.. One footers, sunny, and the fish were turning on in the mud line.. And we both had to DRAG our butts to work... That bit, big time!! Oh well.. I have a feeling it's going to be a good season!!

Mike,

I fly out the 24th.. 3 days in Hawaii..7 days on the pacific..2 days in San Diego.. I'm still trying to figure out how I can take a couple of rods and a rigger and mount it on here... :grin:

ussgermantown.jpg

I've got a couple old manuals you can use Bill. Course they only have 200' of cable on them so your only going to be able to fish the top 20' of the water column....Have a safe and fun trip. Tell them boys thanks for all they do.

Hey Fella's...

Yeah.. One footers, sunny, and the fish were turning on in the mud line.. And we both had to DRAG our butts to work... That bit, big time!! Oh well.. I have a feeling it's going to be a good season!!

Mike,

I fly out the 24th.. 3 days in Hawaii..7 days on the pacific..2 days in San Diego.. I'm still trying to figure out how I can take a couple of rods and a rigger and mount it on here... :grin:

ussgermantown.jpg

Woo Hoo!!!! Now thats a fishing boat! I am so jealous of the ride you are going to get. Have fun! I was stationed in the San Diego for 3 years. I was attached to an air wing and got out on 5 different aircraft carriers.

Mike

Yes.. I'm pretty excited!! My son is a Marine on the way back from the sand box and I was invited to participate in the Tiger Cruise. It should be really cool! It's getting close now and I'm getting pretty anxious! I will DEFINATELY pass on everyone's thanks!

THANK YOU for supporting our men and women in the military, everyone!!

I've got a couple old manuals you can use Bill. Course they only have 200' of cable on them so your only going to be able to fish the top 20' of the water column....Have a safe and fun trip. Tell them boys thanks for all they do.

Mike...I think the top 20 ft will work.. Isn't that where they normally troll those chunks of broomsticks with gaffs in them for Marlin, anyway?? :lol:

Do you think 20 lb test will do it or should I respool with 30 lb??

I'll definately pass on your thanks, bro!!

Yes.. I'm pretty excited!! My son is a Marine on the way back from the sand box and I was invited to participate in the Tiger Cruise. It should be really cool! It's getting close now and I'm getting pretty anxious! I will DEFINATELY pass on everyone's thanks!

THANK YOU for supporting our men and women in the military, everyone!!

When will you and your son be back?

I'm flying back home June 4th and my son should be back in MI on his post deployment leave somewhere around July 1st. He has to spend about another 30 days at Camp Pendleton after we get back to Cali before he gets his post deployment leave.

He just called me to wish me a happy birthday (He's in Guam right now) and told me that for my birthday, he booked a half day charter out of Honolulu... DAMN!!! Do I ever feel like a lucky dog!! BIG fish here I come!! :lol::D:grin:

I'm flying back home June 4th and my son should be back in MI on his post deployment leave somewhere around July 1st. He has to spend about another 30 days at Camp Pendleton after we get back to Cali before he gets his post deployment leave.

Will your son be around on the 20 July?

I'm not sure.. It's possible, but it will be cutting it close. I'll shoot him an e-mail and see if he knows for sure.

If your son will be here, you and him have an open invitation to fish with me in the Dreamweaver tourney.

If your son will be here, you and him have an open invitation to fish with me in the Dreamweaver tourney.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! Thats very kind of you!! I spoke with him last night and he has to be back at Camp Pendleton on the 21st. H will be leaving either the 17th or 18th since he is going to be driving back to Cali. This MAY change since he is trying to attach to a different Co. so he can immediately deploy back to the sandbox instead of waiting for his next scheduled deployment. If he does that, I'm sure he'll fly back instead of driving since there is nowhere to store his car at Pendleton. I'll know alot more when I hook up with him (and hopefully a marlin!!) next weekend.

Thanks again for the offer!!!

Bill