Local (Muskegon) help needed with videos

I have a camcorder and DVD burner for taping and copying videos. I've been taking some good (AND A LOT BAD) footage for the past couple of years of Big Lake Fishing, River steelhead and trout, ice fishing, pier fishing, etc.

My computer isn't new enough nor do I have the technology for taking video from DVD to an .mpg or .avi file or whatever for posting on youtube.

Is there anyone in the Muskegon area who's willing to help me get some of this entertaining footage I've taken out on the web?

Send me a message or reply if you can help.

P.S. The Salmon Slammer is supposed to be coming out of storage in the next couple of days.

I have a camcorder and DVD burner for taping and copying videos. I've been taking some good (AND A LOT BAD) footage for the past couple of years of Big Lake Fishing, River steelhead and trout, ice fishing, pier fishing, etc.

My computer isn't new enough nor do I have the technology for taking video from DVD to an .mpg or .avi file or whatever for posting on youtube.

Is there anyone in the Muskegon area who's willing to help me get some of this entertaining footage I've taken out on the web?

Send me a message or reply if you can help.

P.S. The Salmon Slammer is supposed to be coming out of storage in the next couple of days.

Matt,

I will be up there this Saturday. After I get back in from fishing I will try to help you out. I am slipped next to SNAFU at Bluffton Bay. Now that the fishing is starting to pick up, I am planning on being up there at least one day every weekend.

Put all of your videos together in a folder and burn them to a cd. I will try to remember to bring my lap top with me this weekend.

I am just learning to do this myself. I am using Windows Movie Maker for doing my videos. If you have Windows XP, you should have it on your pc.

Mike

Hey!!!

I live in Cedar Springs, and obviously fish Muskegon regularly!

I live in Cedar Springs too, but nowhere near Muskegon!:eek:

Mine's in Ontario Canada, close to the shores of Lake Erie. I too would help, but distance may be a problem! :cool:

No doubt the other site buddies will help you out. :D

Tim, Mike, and Rayman,

Thanks for the offers.

I'll talk to you this weekend Mike. If you don't see me at the marina when you come in from fishing, then I'm probably still working at the "shop" - stop on in. I would go FAR SOUTH in the morning if I was going out.

Chances are that I'll be working on the Salmon Slammer Saturday afternoon. It came out of storage and made it to dry-dock at BBM today.

I have some of my footage on DVD's, but don't have the technology to get them on the computer or onto a CD. I don't have them organized like I'd like, but can get video from the camera burned to a DVD. I have ALL of my mini-DV tapes here.

I can bring some of the DVD's with better fishing footage on them down to the marina with me. I would just suggest NOT watching them with children or others with "sensitive" ears around. My buddies (and I) often forget they're being taped and don't always watch their language.

As far as getting Windows Movie Maker to work - I doubt it. I am running Windows 98SE on an old and slow machine in Muskegon with no DVD drive.

Tim, Mike, and Rayman,

Thanks for the offers.

I'll talk to you this weekend Mike. If you don't see me at the marina when you come in from fishing, then I'm probably still working at the "shop" - stop on in. I would go FAR SOUTH in the morning if I was going out.

I know they are getting fish in Grand Haven, but the price of gas makes this not an option. Its Muskegon or bust for me. :eek:

I will be up Friday night Matt. I should be at the boat by 6pm. I have never tried a min dvd with my laptop, but I think it will work.