4 leadcore rods

Good question. I think there are a few variables to take into consideration. Such as depth you are fishing. I have a 2 color and 2 full cores setup right now. But I am going to switch things around this summer and use the lead a little more for the walleye, the deepest water I will be fishing is about 50fow. So I am thinking a 3,5, & 7 color. If I were targeting salmon in deeper water I would add one full core, scratch the three color and go with a 13 color of 15 color. It's nice to have options.

Good Luck....

This is something I have been giving some thought to as well. I currently have two full core and two half core. The full cores produced very well last summer. I also fish Lake Erie as well in the Michigan waters. Max 30'. I was think of changing one of my half cores to a 3 color for use in shallower water in Lake Michigan but also in Lake Erie. For myself I am going to keep the two full cores because they did so well.

I am new to running leadcore. I have a 8,2, and two 5 color rods for a total of 4. I'm thinking that the half cores with DBs or snap weights will get down into the full core range without having so much line out. Last year I only had the 8 and 2 color. I just added the two half cores this Winter.

I used to fish salmon a lot more when Huron had them in greater numbers. I concentrate on Walleye until late July and August, when I make a few runs to Lake MI for Salmon. The price of fuel may hobble me a bit this year.

I would have to say a 10, 7, 5, and 3. You can always get deeper with snap weights or dive bombs. And the 3 color can double as an SWR. I have taken a lot of fish on a 3 color. 7 is pretty versatile, easy to get deeper if you want. Nothing over a full core will ever be on my boat, I refuse to reel it in. That's why I like the Dive Bomb idea.

i have 12 lead cores at the presant time 3 ,5 .7 , 10 , 12 .and 15 and 2 of each i think the best are the 10 ,12 and 15 in july and aug and 7 through 12 in the earlyer parts of the summer

the 12 and 15 are on okuma convecter 55s and they are not bad to get in becouse of the large spool and the 4 to 1 gear ratio

We have a total of 21 Lead Core rods. I would have to say if I was limited to only 4, they would be 5, 10, 13 and 15 colors. The shorter lengths are only valuable for such a short time in the spring, but the 10+ colors are deadly all season long.

I start off with fulls.....

Due to reasons beyond my control, they continue to vary in length all the way til the end of the season and I ended up with a 4, a 5, a 6, and a 7...

lol.....

:D