FlyStorage001.jpg

Well I made it out to the DR with a friend on Friday. We were out trying our hand vertical jigging for walleye. The walleye were uncooperative all day long, a few misses between the 2 of us and that's it. Didn't see a lot of walleye getting boated by others either, just one of those days I guess. It was great early on until about 10:00 or so, and then the wind kicked up, which made boat control a little tough. Now, I said we didn't catch any walleye, but IndyBleck did boat a hell of lake Sturgeon. This is the 1st sturgeon I have ever seen with my own eyes. It took both of our efforts to get this monstrosity into the boat. Took a couple of quick pictures and then back into the water. This was pretty cool. I don't the exact amount of time it took, but I would venture a guess of about 45 minutes to get this thing to the boat. If I'm not mistaken I think Tom said he was using 10# power pro:grin:. Nice fish Indy!!!!!!

Nice fish!

I think I hooked into one of those below the Allegan Dam. Whatever I had on was BIG, and there was no turning it. It was a slow and steady pull, and spooled me. When it hit the end of the spool, the hook straightend out.