Fair Haven April 17th

Today Andy Bliss from Cold Steel joined my Dad and I and our friends Rick and Linc for a trip out of Fair Haven. Nothing fast and furious, but we did boat a nice mixed bag of Coho, Brown, Rainbow, and even an Atlantic. I walked off and left my camera in the truck, so all I have is the pic I took of Rick's nice colored-up brown to show you. All the rest of the fish were cookie-cutter sized 2-3lb'ers. Andy snapped a few pics with his camera, so maybe he'll share them with us later. Water temps were 44-48 degrees and there was a pretty homogenized color to the lake. No real hot-spots to speak of, even off of creek mouths, etc. Black/Silver and that #47 Metallic Orange Specs KA-BOOM did most of the damage, and I think we got one fish on an NK28 SuperGlow Mulatto. Bright sun and calm seas were what today was all about...not exactly the best conditions for brown/coho fishing, but we still had a great time.

DSC059772.jpg

We'll be back out after 'em on the weekend.

We're thinking that he was a drop-back brown given his coloration and the fact that his belly was empty. So we think that he was in the creek recently fighting with another fish...it was a nasty mark but definitely not something from a lamprey.