thursday night

want to go out thursday night.where would you guys start and what tactics would you use.id like to go for kings.but if coho or steelhead is going to be the easier catch i would like to fish for that

Don,

What port are you going to be fishing? Muskegon?

If you want steelhead or browns stay in close to shore. I always have real good luck this time of year in 300 to 350 fow trolling with half core and riggers 150 down. I can do that and get a limit almost everytime in April and May. I am planning on fishing out of Whitehall tomorrow. I will be on channel 68. just in time

Muskegon does not have a spring coho fishery. If you want browns and steelhead, try the shallows with hot-n-tots, thin fins, x-raps, or other stick baits. Small dodgers and peanut flies may also produce for you. You may pick up a king if you make some passes through the plume around the piers. Try to stay around the edge of where the dark and light water meet. Watch for the temp breaks ;)

Weather permitting, I will be out on Saturday. My first priority is getting the dive curves for the Dive Bombs. I still have some things to do to my boat, but my boys are wanting to catch some fish. So.....after I am finished with the dive curves, I will be changing up and chasing fish. :butcher:

If you want steelhead or browns stay in close to shore. I always have real good luck this time of year in 300 to 350 fow trolling with half core and riggers 150 down. I can do that and get a limit almost everytime in April and May. I am planning on fishing out of Whitehall tomorrow. I will be on channel 68. just in time

Can you post a report when you get back?

Thanks,

Mike

I did not get out. My boat did not get done. I have it in to get the alignment checked so I do not loose a coupler. I would have initually targeted browns and steelhead in the shallow water. If that was not productive I would have went to the deep water and targeted Steelhead, Chinook and Cohos. Cohos are in the deeper waters out of Muskegon and Whitehall. We do not get many in shallow for spawning though.