Need help picking out a Stereo

Hey Member's,

Last year when I had my boat allready to go fishing and parked down at the end of my driveway, my boat stereo got stolen and that was the only thing stolen. Well I got a really good deal at Overtons right now with 10 0/0 off and need some help picking out a stereo for my boat. I love to have my radio cranked and load with rock-n-roll on and need a stereo that sounds good and can take a loud beating. Can someone help me out by checking out what they have. I just don't know whitch stereo to pick out.

I was thinking of this one here- http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=79911&pdesc=Pyle_AM/FM_CD/MP3_Player_Combo_with_Speakers_Amp_Housing&cname=Marine-Stereo-Packages&aID=17C&merchID=1009&r=view

here is the stereo stuff from Overton's- http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/catalog.cgi?cname=Marine-Stereos&r=browse&aID=17

Chazzzzzie:crazy:

Rich,

It depends on how much you want to spend. And what you want. Do you need speakers too? And I would only put in an amp if you are going to run subs. But remember, amps draw a lot of juice. Also, do you want a remote? Let me know what you're looking for and I can probably recommend something. I've installed a few radio's in my younger days.:D

Hey Rich,

Deending on what you are looking for, here is a good place that has a lot of selection. I've ordered from them before and their customer service is OUTSTANDING! Check them out.

www.crutchfield.com

I am considering the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB (?) for the boat. It will play all types of home burned cd's and it also has a front USB port so if you load a bunch of music onto a thumb drive, just plug it in and it will play your digital music right off that, too. If memory serves me, the stereo lists for $249.00.

Good luck,

Bill

Ok guys,

There are so many to chose from here and still don't understand whitch one to get. I don't really understand the watts and all that stuff. But all I want is a very good brand that has a great sound and can take a rock n roll beating with acd player. I don't want a cheap radio that sounds like fish poop. I can spend no more than $200.00 for this stereo. So help me out please so i can get back fish rocking again.

Caznik :yu:

Rich,

I would recommend looking for something that has at least 45 watts per channel (4 channels). That should give you enough power to make it sound good on the water. You have to run your radio louder on a boat than in a car. I would also recommend a marine radio. There can be problems with car stereos that are exposed to moisture, marine ones are sealed. I run a Pioneer stereo on my boat that came out of my old car. But that's just because I already had it. I have had good luck with Pioneer, Sony, and JBL stereo's. I know that JBL makes a quality marine stereo at a reasonable price. I'll look around and see what's out there.

that will work, 50Wx4=200W should be plenty loud, ive got 4 speakers and 200W output and for me its good enought iam a fan of loud music but not to the point here it causes my eardrums to bleed!!

I only have two speakers, so will two be allright?

Caz

yea, what are the?? the little round ones?? about 4 inches?? they will only take 35W per channel, and your going to be pushing 50W per channel, so you will smoke the little ones, so you can get same size speakers that will handle more power or you can enlarge the hole they are in and get nicer speakers, let me know what you got and what you are thinking, my bro-in-law put himself thru school installing car steros and he can advise if needed but is seems like a straight foreward install

yea, what are the?? the little round ones?? about 4 inches?? they will only take 35W per channel, and your going to be pushing 50W per channel, so you will smoke the little ones, so you can get same size speakers that will handle more power or you can enlarge the hole they are in and get nicer speakers, let me know what you got and what you are thinking, my bro-in-law put himself thru school installing car steros and he can advise if needed but is seems like a straight foreward install

Ok hold on and I will take one off and see.

thanks,

Rich

Ok Everyone,

I just like to thank everyone that helped me out here to find me a hard rock crankin smoken stereo. Now all the fishermen will know when the CHAZZZZZZZ is out..:yu:

Thank you very much Boomerang for spending my money on speaker to...:D You was a very good help for me and thank you very much.

Well here is my stereo- http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17470

Here is my speakers that Boomerang talked me into just in case I needed more power- http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19495

Now whats my wife going to say........:confused:

Anyone have a place for me to stay for awhile..:D

CHAZZZZZIE

Looks good Rich. Clarion makes a great deck. Now you need some 6 x 9's in the back to really crank the tunes. I added some Sony Xplod 's in the back of my boat, sounds a lot better. Plus the Xplod's have plastic cones, a little water doesn't hurt them. Boomerang gave you some good advice.

they will only take 35W per channel, and your going to be pushing 50W per channel, so you will smoke the little ones

Power doesn't smoke speakers, distortion smokes speakers.

You can run 50w into 35w speakers as long as its clean power.

(50w probably only has about 35-40w of clean power before distortion)

This will get deep, I probably already said too much!

Nice Deck Caz man but your still going to get your butt kicked this year!!!

p.s. My stereo is louder then yours...lol....

Nice Deck Caz man but your still going to get your butt kicked this year!!!

p.s. My stereo is louder then yours...lol....

You think those bikers are loud. So will be the fishermen this year....:D

Caznik Vs. Dv8or

Dv8oR, i was trying to keep it simple so rich could understand, as you know after about turning your volume up beond 3/4, you get that dreaded DISTORTION!! AAaaRRrrGGgg the scourge of loud music lover and all things that ROCK!! i hope you would agree that CAZ's lund should be rocking as all boats big and small must!!! even if the fishing stinks ones fishing time should be spent in the company of freinds with good food and COOL drinks!!!!!

Dv8oR, i was trying to keep it simple so rich could understand, as you know after about turning your volume up beond 3/4, you get that dreaded DISTORTION!! AAaaRRrrGGgg the scourge of loud music lover and all things that ROCK!! i hope you would agree that CAZ's lund should be rocking as all boats big and small must!!! even if the fishing stinks ones fishing time should be spent in the company of freinds with good food and COOL drinks!!!!!

Thanks again Boomerang for all your help yesterday. I will let you know how it sounds as soon as I get it in.

Thanks,

Rich