Ventured out for the first time yesterday in Presque Isle Bay. Ice out was about a week ago and it was a cold night so we opted to get a late start and let the morning sun warm the surface a bit. The Storm is still on IR and a new found fisher-friend offered the use of his boat/equipment.

1st line in the water at 9am with a surprisingly warm surface temp of 39. 1st board line set in the holder and I was attaching a stick bait to the second board line to be deployed when I heard the drag screach on the first one. FISH ON!!! Good start! A few moments later a fresh 7# hen into the net.

Managed to get all 6 lines in the water while we trolled to my "spot" while only taking a couple shots that never hooked up on the one mile, one way troll to the "spot". First pass made and had 3 hook ups on the rip rap only bringing one toad as close as the back of the boat before the leader got shredded. Each fish was a large chrome freshie that was HOT! Boards were literally jumping out of the water! Ouch! Our ratio is already taking a shot! 4 more passes resulted in multiple hook ups on each 200 yard pass along the wall with too many spit hooks, bent hooks, and shredded O-rings.

Long story short, we ended up 13/30 in about 4 hrs. with 1 bonus 34" or so pike that gobbled a Shad Rap digger rod on a turn and while holding for a pic before the release bloodied me up pretty good.

Blue and Silver during the bright sun of mid-morning were the "hotties" today including a blue/silver J-9, 75 back on the boards, a Blue/Silver deep Shad Rap imitation in the port digger position 47 back, and a VQ blue Alewife WD took a few shots as well as a gold/orange J-9 and a orange/gold Brad's Thin Fish in the digger position on the starboard 35 back, in the prop wash.

Will post pics when they are emailed to me.

Long story short, we ended up 13/30 in about 4 hrs. with 1 bonus 34" or so pike that gobbled a Shad Rap digger rod on a turn and while holding for a pic before the release bloodied me up pretty good.

Usually the farmers do not start planting the fields till May. When they are ready, I will give you and your crew a call. :D:lol::grin:

Sounds like you had a blast! I cant wait to see the pictures!

Need help there GLF, can't seem to get rid of some of the pics in my account to upload the new ones.

I got the pics, but found out that pics of some of the biggest fish and few action shots didn't come out because he ran out of battery? Do have some shore shots when we returned to the launch and he could grab another battery.

Need help there GLF, can't seem to get rid of some of the pics in my account to upload the new ones.

I just increased the size of the regular members gallery size limit. Everyone now can upload 5mb of photos. ;)