Artificial Cut Bait Trolling Vid...........

Answer first, to the above... yes, they showed that they were slicing up Storm artificial baits to use as cut bait. Neat idea.

Comment: Those guys were a BLAST to watch!

Now my question: What type of reels were they using? I've never seen anything like that before. Like a trolling reel bred with a spinning reel. At first I thought they were holding a typical reel upside down, but noticed they handles were turning correctly.... HAHA. Would like to try one of the buggers.

Oh yeah, it only took about 15 seconds to start playing on my screen. I have DSL. Didn't think there was that much speed difference between that and dial-up? ANyways, I'm lucky I didn't have to wait long. Fun video.

Now my question: What type of reels were they using? I've never seen anything like that before. Like a trolling reel bred with a spinning reel. At first I thought they were holding a typical reel upside down, but noticed they handles were turning correctly.... HAHA. Would like to try one of the buggers.

One of the guys on the video mentioned they were a different type of reel but I didn't ever hear him say what kind they were. Like you, I thought rhey were just holding them upside down but after watching him crank it it's made that way.

Great vid. but they never did say what artificial bait they was using??

Great video!

It looked like he was taking a Storm WildEye Swim Shad and cutting it in half.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0011518316172a&navCount=1&podId=0011518&parentId=cat601348&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat601348_TGP&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601348&hasJS=true&hasJS=true

Those guys kept calling them fish small. They where hogs compared to Lake Michigan Fish.

Ken.

Nice video, thanks.

Now for an opinion. If they were using real herring instead of that platic crap the fish would have been popping too fast to do a video:lol:

It's also nice to see they are keeping the seagulls fed. Don't release those kings, eat them!

• 1 year later...

Just finished watching this video and was wondering if anyone uses this method around Grand Haven, Port Sheldon or Muskegon? What size bait would you use? Thinking about trying this on one rod this year. Would this be more for the summer/fall or is this an year round setup? Thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

Just finished watching this video and was wondering if anyone uses this method around Grand Haven, Port Sheldon or Muskegon? What size bait would you use? Thinking about trying this on one rod this year. Would this be more for the summer/fall or is this an year round setup? Thoughts?

Thanks

Bob

Bob, it would be mostly a late summer presentation. I doubt it would work any better than a meat rig or fly/flasher combo, or even a J-plug.