the earliest you have ever put in

First year in a long time I am not going to have my boat in the water and out fishing by the last week of march. I have fished the last week of feb during lite winters out of my 18' jon boat but I belive the 2 week of march is the soonest Ive ever had the big boat in.

So just curious: What is the earliest you have ever been in and Fishing?:)

No rush for me, usually around April 15. I've got an I/O. If I had an outboard, I might start sooner. I've never felt big lake fishing was very consistent in early April, mostly hit or miss and lots of crap weather to deal with too.

I was reading LOU when I came across a posting by Time Out stating he went 7/9 on browns and steelies while launching out of Bear Creek on March 15. Bill Saiff of Saiff Charters states the area west of pultneyville is the best brown trout area during the month of April and that's why he parks two-three boats there every spring. I'm wondering if this is so, is this do to the creeks and rivers around Rotchester dumping warmer water in to Ontario and the winds moving the warmer water east along the south shore? Has anyone got any thoughts or comments?

Thanks

Bandit 49 ;)

Just two years ago, I was out on the big lake Brown fishing the first week of March. Last year, it was April. This year, it will be after my licensing exam on April 11th.

I normally just look at the weather forecast to see what the average projected highs and lows are. If it's consistently above freezing during the day and I don't think there's not a danger of a prolonged, hard freeze, then the boat is coming out and getting ready to go.

April 1st is just 6 days away! Spring can't be too far off.........

january 7th on bay of quinte last year but that doesn't really count because i hadn't put my boat away yet. i was out after browns last year on the 2nd weekend in march

this year hopefully next weekend for lakers off niagara

• 2 weeks later...