Best King of 2007

The biggest king I caught last year was while I was fishing with DIRTY DOG out of Port Shelden(Lake Michigan) on May 4th. It weighed 18.5lbs, and had two 8" chubs and an 8" alewive in its belly.

salmon.jpg

After catching that fish in May, I thought it was going to be a good year for big fish. I caught one other fish that hit 18lbs in May out of Muskegon(Lake Michigan) and most of the other ones were of the 12-14lb range.

Maybe there will be some bigger fish this year. :rolleyes: Not likely.....but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice fish GF,my largest last season on lake Ontario came in early Aug,in 40 fow(working a scum line),in bright sun @ 11:00 am..............

28 lbs(released during the GOSD-was borderline to make tenth place at the end of that week).

She hit a T100 A-TOM-MIK fly with green Inticer flasher off a wire diver(out 80 ft on a 3 1/2 setting-she smoked off 600 ft of wire).

IMG_0151.jpg

Ontario_kingAug2007.jpg

Biggest king last year for me was the one in my avatar pic. Only trip out from NH last year! It was my dads turn on the "hit" and he brought it to the boat nicely. It was my dads first time ever fishing Lake O. I'm glad his first was on my boat. The king was taken on the exact setup seen in the pic (mountain dew on white flasher with a white/green fly) on a wireline dipsey. Taken in late August off Oswego. Tipped the scales at 26 lbs and change. I'm 270 pounds of fury, so I tend to make fish look smaller. Hahaha.

My biggest King last year hit the 20# mark. Caught it out of Ludington on a standard sized Super Glow Green Froggy Fishlander 30' back 40' down on the rigger. I had to net two other fish for my buddy while i had her on. What a firedrill at 5:30 in the morning. She tore me up goooood!:D

LudingtonAugust3rdand4th024.jpg

Our largest King was 24.4 lbs and took the top pro spot in the SWMSH contest for 2007.

Not bad for St. Joe! We also took the top Laker spot. Maybe another trophy too, I don't keep track too much and haven't made arrangments to pick up the trophies yet.

We had a skam that tipped the scales at 20 lb. even but the customer was in a hurry, it was late, and we couldn't find a certified scale to get it officially weighed.

Last year was not our best year for large Kings. We did take some limits. I only made 4 trips to Lake Michigan last year for Kings. 06 was a much better year for us. I did manage a 9# 30-1/2 inch walleye in 07, and more limits than not.:) Here is my nephew off Manistee on my boat.

DSCN0964.jpg

24.4 is a great Lake M. King!!!

Is that really 50? Cazzzz?

Our biggest was a 22# staging Lake O. King on Labor Day in front of the Niagara, caught many matures that day and it was the biggest. I almost thought we were fishing Lake M. because all the matures we caught were only in the high teens. By NO MEANS is 22# a big Lake O. King. It barely beat out a couple 21#+ Springers taken in almost the same place...

24.4 is a great Lake M. King!!!

Is that really 50? Cazzzz?

Our biggest was a 22# staging Lake O. King on Labor Day in front of the Niagara, caught many matures that day and it was the biggest. I almost thought we were fishing Lake M. because all the matures we caught were only in the high teens. By NO MEANS is 22# a big Lake O. King. It barely beat out a couple 21#+ Springers taken in almost the same place...

No it was 23lbs., but i allways tell everyone that it was 50#. They know that caznik has problems with fishing stories...:D