Great Lakes Fisherman Magazine

caznik

Should Mike get a Great Lakes Magazine going  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike get a Great Lakes Magazine going

• Yes
    • No

Hey Mods and Member's

I think Mike should start a Great lakes Fisherman Magazine and sell it in the stores. It would really bost this site if it had pictures of members from this site fishing or hunting. Also there is probly some members that can write some good articles on fishing the great lakes. Put in the fishing tournaments we have and all the outings. With all the members on this site all over the great lakes, it would be a pretty nice magazine.

Who says Mike should geter done.

Caznik

I have already thought of doing this. I see one major issue. I do not have the $$$ to get this going. I also dont know the ins and outs about running a magazine.

Ya I see what you mean but you think there is a member on the site that could be the main man to run such magazine because I know it would be to much work for you and keeping up with this site. You probly could get enough sponsors to run the magazine to so there would not be any cost for you and just maybe make a profite and better means for this site by people buying this magazine and seeing how much greater this site is. Man with 5 great lakes and member's from all around us there would be so much articles it wouldn't be funny. I'm sure Mike if you look around this year you could find the help and the right guy to run this magazine for ya.

Rich :)

I have wrote 100s of papers for college the last 6 years! I would call myself a writer! :)

Can you do a Magazine...:)

All we need is someone in charge of the magazine and some writers to write up articles.

Rich

Well Mike,

I have been thinking about this and DUHHH. My son in law works for J-Ad Graphic in Hastings and his dad is the president of the company. There they make the city paper and all kinds of magzines and the Woods and Water and News paper. If you like to, shoot my son in law a email and he can send you all the information to you or call you up to talk to you.

Here is his email add- [email protected] (His name is Ben)

Also here is there web site to there company- http://www.localcounties.com/

Well here is a start,

Rich

Mike,

I would be happy to write for the magazine from the perspective of a person new to big lake fishing. This will the summer of my steep learning curve. It might encourage growth in the sport (and buyers for the sponsors products).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist with this project.

I have done some writing and picture submissions.

Startup would take a lot of effort and capital. You would need:

Editor - to work with writers, advertisers, layout of magazine, content, proofs

Advertising - to pay for printing costs, payrolls

Writers - usually paid for articles and pictures

Subscriptions

Distribution to get in stores, newsstands, to subscribers

That would be great CAC and Tim if you guys was part of the editers. I allready know that Steinfishki is one because I read a good article about walleye fishing in the Muskegon lake by Tim.

good job Tim,

Cazz

Thanks Rich, always nice to hear positive feedback!

Each magazine has their own writers guidelines and pay schedules. Many contributions are added with no pay as well.

I've written for :

Midwest Outdoors - $30 for featured articles and pictures.

Woods and Water News - $90 featured article + $10 for pictures.

Great Lakes Angler - Free + $50 per picture, never done a feature but hope to get paid for one in for May this year.:)

Trying to double my efforts this year to help support my fishing habit, so would be willing to help any way I can. It's a lot of work, and the editors have ultimate control over everything. He also takes the beating if things go wrong too.

Well Mike,

I have been thinking about this and DUHHH. My son in law works for J-Ad Graphic in Hastings and his dad is the president of the company. There they make the city paper and all kinds of magzines and the Woods and Water and News paper. If you like to, shoot my son in law a email and he can send you all the information to you or call you up to talk to you.

Here is his email add- [email protected] (His name is Ben)

Also here is there web site to there company- http://www.localcounties.com/

Well here is a start,

Rich

Hey Caz, your idea, your connections, why not go for it?